Battery connector

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source where I can buy a few battery connectors so I can make up some power cables for the battery? I'm talking about the P4/P4P batteries just to be clear.

I want to make a power cable so I can use one of the batteries to power a heater I've already made.

Brian

how about these female connectors, any one know the name.....DIGIKEY might have, but i need name please

HJWH2_AV1.jpg

how about these female connectors, any one know the name.....DIGIKEY might have, but i need name please

View attachment 85767

I just picked up a couple of the cables mentioned in post #2. The battery actually has a 10 pin connector whereas the battery cable is just 8 pins. The difference is the outer 2 pins are used to communicate between the battery and the drone controller and is not needed for charging. Also know that you can plug the battery cable in either way. So, starting at one end of the battery connector on the battery itself we have:

Pin 1 = comm A
Pin 2 = negative
Pin 3 = negative
Pin 4 = positive
Pin 5 = positive
Pin 6 = positive
Pin 7 = positive
Pin 8 = negative
Pin 9 = negative
Pin 10 = comm B

The battery cable of post #2 has only 8 pins and it's configured so that its pin 1 starts at pin 2 on the battery. The cable pinout is:

Pin 1 = negative
Pin 2 = negative
Pin 3 = positive
Pin 4 = positive
Pin 5 = positive
Pin 6 = positive
Pin 7 = negative
Pin 8 = negative

With this arrangement it does not matter which way you plug the cable in as the inner 4 pins are for plus and the outer 4 pins are for negative. Again, the battery has 2 more terminals but they are only used for communications and not for charging.

Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 4 Drone Battery to Aftermarket Charger Adapter Plug by Venom: Toys & Games

Brian

Hi as you say the 4 inners + and outer _ can you use this to power drone without battery as anyone done this

Here is another source for connectors at a very low price (presently $2.50) - if you have a month or do to wait for delivery. I bought 3 of them as I'm building my own car charger. The quality is very good. You'll have to cut off the connector and wire it to whatever you have. There are 4 wires.
Red - 4 pins power positive loop
BLK - 4 pins power negative
Yel - 1 outer pin
Grn - the other outer pin

Pinout matches pinout shown elsewhere.

Oh - the initial pic shown at this link may not match the phantom 4 - but there is a selection to get phantom 4 cable.

Last edited:
Hello
I have a BANTAM BC6 charger and i am going to build a cable to charge my P4 battery .
Can anybody help me and tell me about battery pin connections ?

I'm seeing the pinout at the top of this thread. Is that not what you're looking for?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan