P3 Firmware Battery / AC firmware mismatch

Reaction score
I'm running AC 1.6.40 on my P3P. I don't want to upgrade because it's working perfectly and I have confidence in it. I'm about to buy a new battery and I'm concerned that it will have a newer firmware version. Will this mismatch cause a problem? Can I downgrade the new battery by putting it in my drone with older firmware?

Thanks!

I'm about to buy a new battery and I'm concerned that it will have a newer firmware version. Will this mismatch cause a problem?

There are versions which does not cooperate (the drone shows battery error or informs of cells at 0% charge), but usually the mismatch will not lead to any issues. I haven't heard of any situation where such problem appeared during flight, it is always visible just after start whether the battery cooperates.

Can I downgrade the new battery by putting it in my drone with older firmware?

Not by just putting, but you can downgrade. There is one trick with pushing microswitch while starting the drone, and another with forcing downgrade by creating a special file. Try searching threads about downgrading for details.

Thanks for the tips. Is there any way to see the software version of the battery? I cant seem to find it in the DJI GO APP.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl