battery 15 cycles but suddenly dead

Can you fix your photo?

Any ideas?

I mean, can I recover somehow?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the battery doing. If it's out of the quad and you push the power button what led's do you get. Push and hold the power button down for 8-10 seconds and see what led's show.

95% life left. Why do you think it's dead?

Please take a look in this video I made:

When I push 1x, it shows the battery fully charged.
But when I press for 5-8 seconds, it shows dead.

Any ideas?

this is p2 forum: batt warranty is 3 months. If past that, OP is out of luck.

Your smart batt is obviously confused. not only saying it only has 1 mah capacity when voltage cells show actual of 99%, but also reporting 95% life in assitant then 0 on batt with 5sec press!

Does it fly? Your video missed showing us what happens when:
1) you push short, then push longer to 'turn on' the batt - what happens?
2) put in phantom and 'turn on' what happens?

Your job will be to discharge it so lites on it show near empty, then charge it again to try to 'refil' it to 5200mah capacity. If you have a friend with an rc charger/discharger, they can try this for you. Your battery cells are probably still like new.

Diego, where on this planet are you located?

If where you could send it me in Dayton, OH, I would do that for you as a final last ditch hope.

BTW, what lead up to this? Ie., what happened the last few times you touched the battery?

this is p2 forum: batt warranty is 3 months. If past that, OP is out of luck.

Your smart batt is obviously confused. not only saying it only has 1 mah capacity when voltage cells show actual of 99%, but also reporting 95% life in assitant then 0 on batt with 5sec press!

Does it fly? Your video missed showing us what happens when:
1) you push short, then push longer to 'turn on' the batt - what happens?
2) put in phantom and 'turn on' what happens?

Your job will be to discharge it so lites on it show near empty, then charge it again to try to 'refil' it to 5200mah capacity. If you have a friend with an rc charger/discharger, they can try this for you. Your battery cells are probably still like new.

Diego, where on this planet are you located?

If where you could send it me in Dayton, OH, I would do that for you as a final last ditch hope.

BTW, what lead up to this? Ie., what happened the last few times you touched the battery?

hey yorlik!

I'm not from this planet, I'm from a near galaxy just around the corner. I just found this little white things amazing and wanted to have one to play with while I'm here among terraqueous...

hahahahaah

just kidding!

That's just odd, right? Let me get to the answers:
1 - it just turns on when I do so, like the usual.
2 - When I put in the phanton and turn on, it works as usual. But I'm not very comfortable to put it in the air with the battery like this. I left on for 20 min on the floor and nothing happened.

One thing happened though... last time I flew before noticed the problem, the phantom blinked the 1st level voltage alarm.

I doubt this will help but it certainly doesn't hurt. Clean the small contact sensors on the battery, there's two of them small square gold color. And then clean the pins that push onto them in the phantom.

I doubt this will help but it certainly doesn't hurt. Clean the small contact sensors on the battery, there's two of them small square gold color. And then clean the pins that push onto them in the phantom.
Thanks dgd3,

But no effect.

As @yorlik wrote, try to fully discharge and the fully charge again. It seems something is wrong not with cells, but with battery electronics or calibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl