Batteries.. Look what I did

I see.
You're judging against your personal values.

There is no other 'system' to charge LiPos other than CC/CV. That is the profile.

To some modding a 2+ y/o a/c to avoid WAY overpriced batteries at the near-end of it's expected lifetime is satisfying.

Do you ever see a day when P2 batteries will not be available from DJI?

I cannot invest further in platforms that require proprietary batteries.

This is a way forward for some until the P2 is retired to the man-cave wall.

Then all of us will have to deal with it when that day comes.

Why do some people have to be soooo negative and controversial when someone tries something different?????
Why do some people have to try and act like know-it-alls and discourage others from at least attempting something to their liking?
If you don't have something considerate and nice to say... SHUTUP!!!!

some people have been asking how I did this. These are the only other photos I have; I no longer have the phantom, sold it to a friend and he is still flying it with this mod.
Take the stock battery apart though, disconnect the circuit board attached to the stock batteries and throw it away. Attach dean connector and wires to main circuit board as shown and build a Y connector to hook two batteries into that one dean connector.
You also need two balance cords to solder into the circuit board and those plug into your new lipos during flight.
I hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_5803.jpg
    IMG_5803.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,071
  • IMG_5801.jpg
    IMG_5801.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,103
  • IMG_5806.jpg
    IMG_5806.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,081
  • IMG_5804.jpg
    IMG_5804.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,381
Reactions: Stathis
Is there any chance your friend could post more detailed photos?THAT WOULD SAVE ME!Also i send you pm 2 times ,thanks in front

there is really nothing else I can tell you. Take a stock battery apart and solder wires like I have pictured; nothing else I can tell you.

Hi,
How many time the drone flight with this mod? Where do you buy the 3s plug style. Pls. provide more information if it possible.

Regards.

Please mister just tell me the wires that i need.Im not flying 6 months becaue the battery is too expensive ant this would save me

i showed this to one guy and he says he cant see the other side where the others wires go

Considering the the extra weight of the two batteries and the rest of the hardware involved there would be no extra flight time.
Hi Jason,
Are you sure? I speak for 14.8 4s batt and not the 3s? Did you have already tried with 2 batt?

Regards

J-F

Hi Jason,
Are you sure? I speak for 14.8 4s batt and not the 3s? Did you have already tried with 2 batt?

Regards

J-F

The weight of those two batteries alone 494 grams not including all the other gear to make it work. Then if you start adding gimbal ,camera, TX iOSD and cables what have gained in flight time.not much if anything. You can buy a 5400mAh for $55 and a 6000mAh for $75 dollars and not gain any weight

Reactions: Drusha
yes i know that it unlock but im in europe so i would be great to show schematics

You are tenacious in your quest for an answer.but there are no schematics available for that battery circuit board.

Last edited:
i need schematics how to solder wires and put ordinary lipos to run my ph2 like the creator of this thread who kindly gave photos,but i need the photo of the last side where the wires solder on the board..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl