Basic Calibration Error

Reaction score
I had a cr :shock: ash and am now trying to recalibrate the IMU. When I get to the screen, there are no
"Basic" tabs highlighted and there is an error message "BASIC CALIBRATION ERROR" flashing.
I can go to ADVANCED and select Advanced Cali and the green bar moves but NEVER finishes.
Also, what is BTU Info?
HELP
Thanks,
Don

Clear the BTU info. If you crashed you will want to do the advanced cal. Make sure you are level and clear of all metal material. One calibration has finished make sure to reboot the quad. And before flying you must calibrate the compass. Green light and reboot to save info.

Before you clear the BTU, write down what the settings show. There are times when the settings are out of normal spec range it can help to diagnose possible issues.

Reactions: joeblees
Same problem...BTU cleared....advanced calibration NEVER stops
Take the battery out and charge it. Wait an hour - have a beer or coffee.
Once the phantom is cooled for an hour, start the phantom assist and goto the Advanced calibration screen. Plug USB cable into phantom and PC. Insert battery and turn on phantom. Click the Advance Calibration and start it. "IF" the MC temp warning appears click ok and wait about 1-2 minutes for the green ticks.

When I do mine, I get no MC temp warnings. The quicker you do it, the more accurate and faster the calibration is. SO DO IMMEDIATELY THE MOMENT YOU TURN ON THE PHANTOM!!!.

And also note, please find a surface area that levelled in all axis to the horizon. Use a spirit/bubble level. If unbalanced, this will make the phantom yaw really wide.

Let us know..

The copter controller has to be cool for it to complete the calibration. Shut it down and wait a hour or so the go back directly to the advanced calibration and it should complete within 5-10 min.

Reactions: foxkeri
Just posting how I solved it.....I did take the IMU and gave it a smack or two but I'm not convinced that was the problem......if you follow the manual or the pop ups when you're calibrating, you may fail, as I did. Assume the machine is all back together....i did the basic calibration....then I hit the advanced tab....I hit "reset BTU info" from here ONLY........a pop up tells you to restart machine....if I did that, my calibration would hang up....i went right into calibration...calibration completed (i did get the temp warning and there's WIDESPREAD reporting that you just ignore it and you can still calibrate....clearly this is not the case with all units. Hope these posts help....thanks all....i'm back in business and its a HUGE relief lol

Just posting how I solved it.....I did take the IMU and gave it a smack or two but I'm not convinced that was the problem......if you follow the manual or the pop ups when you're calibrating, you may fail, as I did. Assume the machine is all back together....i did the basic calibration....then I hit the advanced tab....I hit "reset BTU info" from here ONLY........a pop up tells you to restart machine....if I did that, my calibration would hang up....i went right into calibration...calibration completed (i did get the temp warning and there's WIDESPREAD reporting that you just ignore it and you can still calibrate....clearly this is not the case with all units. Hope these posts help....thanks all....i'm back in business and its a HUGE relief lol

More relevant info....I DID NOT compass calibrate after my IMU calibration.....I got no warnings or indications of ANYTHING wrong....flew my Quad fine for 10 minutes....all of a sudden, it tilted 45 degrees towards ground and accelerated to 20-20 mph and smashed into trees. Lesson learned...I suspect it was caused by my not compass calibrating after the IMU calibration...though its weird that it flew fine for 10 minutes before something serious occured

Hope the damage was minimal. It is said the compass calibration is important for maintaining direction and you may have just proved it. Anytime I do the IiMU I do the compass calibration. Seems to be part of the full package to update all the flight data to the main controller.

Got lucky....just bodily injury climbing a tree to GPS indicated 81 feet to retrieve it lol. New news however......I did the Basic Calibration, advanced calibration, compass calibration and flew the quad to 30 feet up to test....just like the initial problem....flew fine for a while....then SUDDENLY, with now warning, started tumbling and crashed. I called DJI and I can send my unit back (not sure if I pay or they pay) but I now have no idea what the problem is.......2 out of my last 3 flights flew fine with a sudden catastrophic error causing a crash

The part that is different is when it angles to a 45 degree and drops. That sounds like a ESC malfunction. If it's less that a year old DJI will most likely repair it at no cost. They have been real good at doing the warranty work.you have to pay for having it shipped there but they will ship it back on their dime.
Will take 6-9 weeks repair time door to door.

If you dont have a "bubble/spirit level" readily handy I found that there are "level" apps that you can download that are quite accurate. I installed a few bubble level apps from the Play Store (android) out of curiosity and they all indicated the same level as my two real bubble levels here. What can I say, I have too much time on my hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing