Balancer rod

Reaction score
New question to the experts of this forum; What do you think of balancing the propellers? I have seen that balancer rod are sold, with threaded ends, to check the balance of the thrusters and compensate for imbalances by wearing the fine sandpaper the heaviest part.
Do you use these elements, are they necessary, is it a good practice to balance the propellers? I await your comments!
6f192cf9-f922-4449-9a82-8c6e5cbfd1d9.jpg

Reactions: Shoemaker
What do you think of balancing the propellers?
Lots of people probably never think of balancing their props and all is just fine, so it's not something that definitely must be done. However, I think it's a great idea if having perfectly balanced props is important to you.

When I checked my Phantom 3 props, I found that about half of of them were a little off balance. I decided to balance mine since it's an easy thing to fix.

I have seen that balancer rod are sold, with threaded ends, to check the balance of the thrusters and compensate for imbalances by wearing the fine sandpaper the heaviest part.
It would be possible to set a balancing rod (like one of these) on a glass (as pictured above). The only con would be needing to constantly watch that it does not roll off the side of the glass. You wouldn't have to worry about that if you use a prop balancer.

Here are a few prop balancers I own:

Both work equally well, but I prefer the Speedy prop balancer since it comes fully assembled.

As for balancing the props, my preferred method is to attach a clear piece of tape to the light side of the prop. I prefer using tape since it's quicker and less messy than sanding.

Here's a video that explains how to balance the props:

Last edited:
I prefer the Du-Bro. I noticed originally flying my P4P along side my buddy's P4P mine was much louder. One prop was severely unbalanced, one was a little out and the other 2 were fine.

I use DuBro... I don’t sand... I use slivers of clear packing tape to balance. Works great. Seems smoother and quieter on all the quads I own...Not just the P4P... The Hubsan 501S is unbelievably smooth and quiet afterwards...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna