Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

balance Y harness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MILLER4PRESIDENT2020, Dec 6, 2013.

Sep 27, 2013
    so the harness I bought here in order to power a light and a battery monitor does not work.

the battery monitor works if i hook it directly to the battery, but if does not work when i try and connect it to the the Y harness. the light works thru the Y harness though. After carefully studying everything for a few minutes it appears that the Y harness takes 4 wires off of the balance charger and splits them into 2 and 2. So i guess the headlight only requires 2 wires but the battery monitor requires 4 and that is why it is not working. Maybe I should have read the description on ebay better, now I understand why it says you can power 2 lights with the Y harness. oh well you live you learn.

now the real question is, is there a Y adapter out there that will let me power a headlight AND battery monitor? or is this just something people rig up on there own?
  2. Buk

Feb 28, 2013
    Found 3S (four wire) balance cables with male on one end female on the other, cut them up, soldered together and used liquid electrical tape to make a cable with three males (voltage alarm, video transmitter, LED headlight) and one female (connect to battery). Of course makes an ugly mess on the belly of the phantom.
    http://www.amazon.com/10pcs-JST-XH-...&qid=1386378191&sr=8-1&keywords=balance+leads I like carrying all four conductors to all ends, adds a bit of versatility, even if not needed by say things like the LED.
    Probably shipped from China, inordinate wait.

Also use these too,