Bahamas trip

Reaction score
We're planning a trip in May to Eluthera Bahamas, my girlfriend sent me this as an FYI, not sure where she found it but just wanted to give everyone a heads up. A couple of years old. Not sure if that is still the trend.

4. Re: Safety at more remote cottages?

Sep 05, 2014, 11:36 PM

Yes we have crime...

...the latest crime report for July & August (TWO months) published in our newspaper showed 5 house entries with theft involved, ONE was a "break in". Items stolen were cash, I-thingies & sunglasses...in other words...things in plain sight. So ask your owner if they provide a safe and then USE it.

Word on the street is that the *hot* item for theft now is drones...so...a word of warning...leave the drone at home.

Which part of Eleuthera ? I have heard that break-ins on Harbor Island do happen. Harbor Island is a separate island just off the northern coast is a bit more developed/resorty than the main island.

We have vacationed several times in the Governors Harbor area and crime has never been a problem. In general, Eleuthera is a super safe laid-back type of place and the locals are very friendly.

The beaches are stunning and you would get lots of great drone shots plus it's pretty under-populated so you wont be annoying anyone. Have a great trip!

Barry.

Our first trip! We are staying a little north of Governors Harbor. Heard the other day the home we were going to book was burglarized and we have rented the home next door.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing