Bad pictures

Reaction score
Does anybody know why I get these type of pictures ?? Do I need to adjust something on the DJI app ? I'm new at this I've had drones before but not this advance. I started out with the hubsan h501s.
8bd63f70d45aa07b73dfc19ada267dab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You need to set the settings so that when you snap a photo or start a video, the front headlights turn off. That will take the red dot off ( its the light from ur drone ) Great pic otherwise.

I think your photo looks great, as stated above turn off led. If you want apply the on off activation to your L1 L2 button. Try using Manual mode with you photos, speed up ISO, change shutters, change picture formats, look into all of these advanced controls the P4 has. Enjoy, and great Picture!!

Does anybody know why I get these type of pictures ?? Do I need to adjust something on the DJI app ?
Apart from the red glow, the problem I see is that 90% of the image is black with just a small proportion being lit.
The camera is trying to get a suitable exposure from the average of the scene and that results in over exposed highlights.
Night photography is easier if the frame contains a lot more that is lit.
Otherwise you need to dial in some exposure compensation and/or use bracketing to find the right exposure so the lights aren't burnt out.

You need to set the settings so that when you snap a photo or start a video, the front headlights turn off. That will take the red dot off ( its the light from ur drone ) Great pic otherwise.

Thanks for the help, I truly appreciate it and I'll make sure to set settings next time and thanks the SF bay are is beautiful.

I think your photo looks great, as stated above turn off led. If you want apply the on off activation to your L1 L2 button. Try using Manual mode with you photos, speed up ISO, change shutters, change picture formats, look into all of these advanced controls the P4 has. Enjoy, and great Picture!!

Thank you !! Would this work with videos as well ? Or do you recommend something different for good videos

I try and use Manual Mode at night in both videos and stills. I find it much better to pull all the light you can in camera mode while flying around looking for a shot. As far as video I have not yet found a great setting for my application of very low light. At night I mostly just try to catch some good 2 sec exposure shots. Some time if I'm logged into Dji account after I'm done and I go into my pictures and videos, seems that my pictures are better than what they should be, lol, haha.

Reactions: esoto23

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus