Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Backround checks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mark from PA, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Mark from PA

Anyone know the reason for the TSA back round checks? When I was young I made a mistake, being the stupid kid I was, and it has followed me for 30 years now. I guess I want to know if it will affect me for flying my Phantom commercially?

2. Mark The Droner

Same reason they body search us before the football game...

3. GenesisX

It's a check of the no-fly list. Are you on it for what you did as a kid? If not, stop worrying about it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mark The Droner likes this.
  4. Formstone

I don't see it as a major issue at the moment. First off, this is for the commercial aspect, not the recreational end.

Second - you can appeal the no-fly list. There are lots of people on the list for no good reason, some for disagreeing with the government, some because of relatives ( one person had a distant relative in the IRA ) and yet, some people are removed for no known reason even though they are the issue. ( hint Orlando ) So check to see if you are, then if you are, appeal. My guess is that if that youthful indiscretion did not involve a gun, or explosives, you are probably fine.

I once worked with WHCA for years and found that the secret service is great to work with on any issues. So is the Pentagon.

The toughest background check I ever went through was by the mob. I was in tech theater and ran a show for Frank and his "security" team was very thorough, hence the mob statement. Every tech backstage at any of his shows got that check.