Back to DJI I go

Reaction score
Hello all! I have a story and a few questions so here it goes.

About 3 months ago I sold my p3s because of the range issue that everyone is having problems with after a firmware update. I am sure you know what I am talking about. So off I go to eBay to start my journey to find a new drone. After much searching I finally settle on a 3dr solo. When I get it I have problems right off the bat. I don't feel like explaining it all because I have already done that on the 3dr forum and don't feel like doing it again, but to sum it all up it was a total disaster. The guy that sold it to me was a total snake in the grass and I ended up opening a claim with eBay and eventually got my money back. Now I am in the market for a P4. Before I buy it I just wanted to check if anybody knew how I could get some money off with a code at checkout. I tried entering my email into the education discount but it did not recognize it.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

About 3 months ago I sold my p3s because of the range issue that everyone is having problems with after a firmware update. I am sure you know what I am talking about. So off I go to eBay to start my journey to find a new drone. After much searching I finally settle on a 3dr solo. When I get it I have problems right off the bat. I don't feel like explaining it all because I have already done that on the 3dr forum and don't feel like doing it again, but to sum it all up it was a total disaster. The guy that sold it to me was a total snake in the grass and I ended up opening a claim with eBay and eventually got my money back. Now I am in the market for a P4. Before I buy it I just wanted to check if anybody knew how I could get some money off with a code at checkout. I tried entering my email into the education discount but it did not recognize it.

Thanks in advance for any ideas![/QUOTE]
I hope that someone will actually answer your question. Welcome though. I don't have the answer, but I just received my p 4 today. If you buy it refurbished you can save about $150. It looks like my came in as a new one. Refurbished has an R in the serial #. Mine didn't have an R. If you buy a new one and have to send it back for some reason, they don't send you yours back. I heard they send you a refurbished one. Crazy I know. Good luck.

Last edited:
How long did it take to ship out? The website said 15 days
I didn't know mine was coming from DJI, maybe not. It said on the site a DJI authoritied dealer. It came from the same place that DJI is from in China. I ordered it last Wednesday. I watched tracking and it said arrived in HK, China Thursday night. FedEx got it Friday afternoon. Saturday night it was in Memphis, Tn. Sunday it was in Pittsburgh area. I was supposed to get it on Tuesday. I got a call from FedEx on Monday and they wanted to make sure I was home to sign for it. About 5 days. Surprised me. I wanted to get mine before the colors changed. Right now you couldn't tick me off if you tried. It's all working great.

I checked Amazon where I bought it. I did the password thing and got into my account. It says ,
DJI Official Store.
DJI Official Store. storefront
4.5 out of 5 stars91% positive in the last 12 months (1039 ratings).

I guess it was DJI through Amazon. What's funny, on DJI store they do not list refurbished p4. I was told only their affiliated stores sell it. Not DJI. Just go through Amazon. They all tell the approximate shipping dates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak