B&H Photo H3 3D Gimbal pre-order for $369.00

The version of H3-3D gimbal I purchased from B&H on 5/9/14 has the camera connected via the back, same as the 2D version.

shartlza said:
Yea sorry, a combo of spell check and typing too fast. I edited my post to fix most of it. The version B&H shipped was the v1.1 with the video connection via the sids usb port.

adanac said:
I'm not sure I understand all of your post - I'm wondering if spell-check might have made some words things they weren't supposed to be.

I don't think they would price it wrong two times in a row. Adorama also has it priced at $379.

What are the "ones" BH shipped? By "ones" do you mean H3-3D gimbals? And by "where" do you mean "were?"

shartlza said:
I have a feeling they stopped sales because they had it priced wrong. There are some of us that bought one for $369, like i did when i saw it on there site a month ago at that price and jumped on it. Some people jumped on it in the past week and probably got it for $379. I have a feeling, but could be wrong, we got a great deal on this and they just caught that they were going out of the warehouse at too low of a margin and they stopped sales until they fix it. I know a little about this since i work corporate retail. We will see though. Also the ones B&H shipped where the v1.1 with the connector on the side and not on the back like the H3-2D.

I think ianwood said his had the side connector. That's interesting that they had both styles in the shipments they had for sale at B&H! I guess I should have sprung for 2 day shipping instead of free. I'll have to wait until the 15th for mine to come in! :(

Re: B&H Photo H3 3D Gimbal pre-order for $369.00

adanac said:
I just spoke to B&H who have said that they stopped selling it because of receiving complaints that it was not fitting the Phantom 2. Considering the confusion between the two shell versions I can understand this.

Seems they are still selling it.

abuhegy3.jpg

Anyone get theirs from b and h with the adaptor ring?

Mine will be here tomorrow. Somebody mentioned that the one B&H is selling is V1.1? Are there 2 versions? I just want to make sure I put on whatever the newest version is if in fact there are more than 1 version.

Got mine ...interference board but no adaptor plate...oh DJI what have you done.

Ended up getting my order from B&H today - version 1.1 with the interference board and the new usb connector with the flimsy ribbon cable. No adapter plate, no extended landing skids.. WTF B&H??!!!! I emailed their customer support asking where the hell the adapter was, and the missing landing skids (which are required as the gimbal hangs so low with the adapter plate) this was their response:

We are aware of this problem. It appears that the bracket was supposed to be included but was not and we are getting them and they should ship to you next week. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regarding the landing skids - We did not receive any confirmation from the manufacturer with regards to the longer landing skids as of now.
You may ant to contact DJI directly at:
Tel: (818) 235 0789
Email: [email protected]

First and last time I will be buying from these guys. Total cluster. :x

I have the same situation from b and h. It really is dji's prob not bandh's prob. B and H has incredible customer service.

Cody2008 said:
I have the same situation from b and h. It really is dji's prob not bandh's prob. B and H has incredible customer service.

+1 on that. B&H is great!! They are just getting the wrong information and no support from DJI.

britchris1 said:
We are all idiots for thinking this product launch would be any less of a debacle than previous DJI launches lol Or maybe just me...

Where did you get the idea that the skids and adapter were included with the gimbal? It's not in the product description. Just because you need it doesn't mean it is included. Did your GoPro come with an SD card?

As for B&H, I ordered my H3-3D on Thursday, got it Friday and had it up and running perfectly on Saturday. Sounds like you need to confirm what you need before you order instead of blaming the supplier especially when it is one that doesn't typically make mistakes.

Ianwood...I get what you are saying. But when i pre-ordered was when it first launched. Not sure if anyone really new what would be included. I took a chance. Here's my logic at the time... If it says for phantom 2 only and the kit ones come with a pedrilled hole in a new shell then maybe dji would realize that anyone buying this has a p2 but not the new shell.

Dont get me wrong... I love what dji is doing. Just a bit of thought should have been put into who was going to buy it. Maybe having the adaptor and larger skids available for purchase at the time might help.

Can't seem to locate the $15 adaptor anywhere.

I will wait till its available to install. How did you mount yours out of curiousity?

Yeah Im definitely more pissed @DJI - why put out the gimbal for the p2 without the hardware required to mount it being available?? that makes no sense.

You must admit B&H is a little responsible for not doing their due diligence - they just shipped a bunch of units without hardware. Everyone knew that you at least needed the mounting plate. If it wasn't available thats fine - but don't tell your customers its included with their shipment and they're all set, without actually checking first.

Not everyone wants to dremmel a hole in their p2... although Im totally thinking about doing so.

Im guessing Ianwood thats how you mounted yours?

So I'm just catching up on this thread . . .

I see that B&H has this in their description for the H3-3D. Not sure when they added it but looks like some of the complaints in here have been addressed by adding it.

Electronically, the gimbal is designed to operate plug and play with the Phantom 2; however you may or may not require additional mounting hardware depending on which version of Phantom 2 you have. The first version of the Phantom 2 (v1) has a small opening on the bottom of the airframe that was optimized for the H3-2D gimbal, and is too small for the H3-3D. In this case, additional mounting hardware is required to act as a spacer, and taller landing gear will also need to be installed. If you are using the later Phantom 2 (v2 or later), then no additional mounting hardware is required, and the original landing gear can still be used.

- How can I tell what version of the Phantom 2 I have? (I'm not sure what "opening" they're talking about and I'm not home to inspect mine.) Besides the opening, Is it indicated in the serial number or something somewhere?
- If I have the older one, what "additional mounting hardware" can I get?

I listed my H3-2D on ebay and want to make sure I'm good to go with the 3D before sending my totally reliable 2D on her merry way.

poostik said:
So I'm just catching up on this thread . . .

I see that B&H has this in their description for the H3-3D. Not sure when they added it but looks like some of the complaints in here have been addressed by adding it.

Electronically, the gimbal is designed to operate plug and play with the Phantom 2; however you may or may not require additional mounting hardware depending on which version of Phantom 2 you have. The first version of the Phantom 2 (v1) has a small opening on the bottom of the airframe that was optimized for the H3-2D gimbal, and is too small for the H3-3D. In this case, additional mounting hardware is required to act as a spacer, and taller landing gear will also need to be installed. If you are using the later Phantom 2 (v2 or later), then no additional mounting hardware is required, and the original landing gear can still be used.

- How can I tell what version of the Phantom 2 I have? (I'm not sure what "opening" they're talking about and I'm not home to inspect mine.) Besides the opening, Is it indicated in the serial number or something somewhere?
- If I have the older one, what "additional mounting hardware" can I get?

I listed my H3-2D on ebay and want to make sure I'm good to go with the 3D before sending my totally reliable 2D on her merry way.

Yes that copy they added is definitely new - Im glad they added it so future customers know the full story.

[Here is the difference in the holes (new version is shaped like a shield) http://bit.ly/1v5FkpU

The bonus is B and H now have an "aerial support" division. They are great.

britchris1 said:
Yes that copy they added is definitely new - Im glad they added it so future customers know the full story.

[Here is the difference in the holes (new version is shaped like a shield) http://bit.ly/1v5FkpU

Wow. Okay. So w/o being with my bird right now, I'm pretty sure I do NOT have that shield sized hole in mine. If I feel like Ianwood's H3-3D install is out of my league (which I just found), what is the optional adapter plate (and subsequent landing gear extension) I can use?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl