Avl58 issues

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a dji phantom 2 vision that I've been trying to convert to an aftermarket gimbal and gopro 4. I have both the walkera 2d gimbal and gopro installed on the phantom along with the avl58 for fpv. The issue that I'm having is that when I fly a certain distance/height the phantom acts all weird and crazy. It starts to blink yellow light and return to home is initiated despite me not putting the toggle on. Once it flys to a closer distance to me I'm able to regain control of the phantom and fly it safely. Does any one know what could be causing this? Any ways to fix it? I've almost had a fly away as a result of this issue and have since taken off the avl58 to prevent a fly away and reinstalled the stock dji p2 vision camera. I'd really like to be able to fly with gimbal, gopro and avl58 but until I resolve the issue I'll have to make do with the stock camera

Hi there, i am pretty sure your issue is with using the dji avl58, it has the same frequency as the p2v uses for its controls. Operating frequency is 5.8ghz on the avl58 and p2v. You need a 2.4ghz video tx and rx system to fly smoothly without any control issues. =)

Hi there, i am pretty sure your issue is with using the dji avl58, it has the same frequency as the p2v uses for its controls. Operating frequency is 5.8ghz on the avl58 and p2v. You need a 2.4ghz video tx and rx system to fly smoothly without any control issues. =)
Hi. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely pick one up and give it a go and let you guys know when I have everything running smoothly. I initially wanted to drop the stock camera and run the gopro with fpv and mini isod but found out the hard way that the iosd doesn't plug into the p2v compass. Any one figure that one out? Or is it just not possible?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl