AVL-58 and Boscam 5802 frequency Mismatch?

Reaction score
Someone told me that Channel 8 on AVL58 matched up with Channel C-1 on the Boscam 5802. Low and behold... everyone that has any issues receiving a signal with the boscam 5802 that tunes into Channel 8 on the TX and C-1 on the Rx get results.

That being said... according to charts... channel 3 and 4 have the highest wattage and I want to try and use them. I looked up the chart in the AVL58 manual and the channel chart to the Boscam and nothing works! one of them is incorrect but I don't know which!

Even the Channel 8 with C-1 doesn't match up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 11.35.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 11.35.28 PM.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,253
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 11.35.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-26 at 11.35.07 PM.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,160
I've read this before and it makes no sense to me. Your Tx Channel 8 is 5945 mhz and your receiver Channel C1 is 5705 mhz, why would anyone expect them to match?

From looking at the charts you posted it appears that the frequencies on your TX (Channels 1 through 8) match up perfectly with your receiver Channels C1 through C8. What exactly is the problem?

I have a Boscam 5802 and a Boscam TS832. All 32 channels match up perfectly between the two units. Since I have read that channel 34 (5645 mhz) is the most powerful on the TS832, I have it set to that and the 5802 set to C-4 Diversity (5645 mhz). You should be able to do the same by setting your Tx to Channel 4 and the 5802 to C-4. MANUALLY SET THE CHANNELS. Do not rely on Auto Tuning since it will stop at any channel that is receiving a signal. That signal could be from an adjacent channel or an echo from the broadcast frequency and niot give very good reception.

joeflyer said:
I've read this before and it makes no sense to me. Your Tx Channel 8 is 5945 mhz and your receiver Channel C1 is 5705 mhz, why would anyone expect them to match?

From looking at the charts you posted it appears that the frequencies on your TX (Channels 1 through 8) match up perfectly with your receiver Channels C1 through C8. What exactly is the problem?

I have a Boscam 5802 and a Boscam TS832. All 32 channels match up perfectly between the two units. Since I have read that channel 34 (5645 mhz) is the most powerful on the TS832, I have it set to that and the 5802 set to C-4 Diversity (5645 mhz). You should be able to do the same by setting your Tx to Channel 4 and the 5802 to C-4. MANUALLY SET THE CHANNELS. Do not rely on Auto Tuning since it will stop at any channel that is receiving a signal. That signal could be from an adjacent channel or an echo from the broadcast frequency and niot give very good reception.

the channels DON"T match UP ... can you read? I DO MANUALLY SET THE CHANNELS AND IT DOESN'T WORK. Hence i have channel 8 on avl matching to C-1 MANUALLY... and THAT WORKS. if you read the charts it shouldn't. EVERYONE THAT HAS AN ISSUE WITH RANGE WITH AVL-58 AND THE BOSCAM 5802... HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THIS AND I TELL THEM TO USE CHANNEL 8 ON TRANSMITTER AND MANUALLY TUNE TO C-1 ON THE BOSCAM. I JUST WANT TO USE CHANNEL 3 AND 4 ON THE AVL58... WHICH IS THE HIGHEST WATTAGE... YES... I CAN USE CAPS TOO MAYBE YOU CAN READ BETTER. I have a feeling that the avl 58 chart is wrong.

joeflyer said:

and it doesn't match up to C1-C8. where did you learn to read chart?

COOL OFF, BUDDY!!! With an attitude like that no one would be interested in trying to help you.

I read and understand English perfectly, you just don't explain yourself very well. You say that the two charts don't match where they do. You say that Channel 8 and C1 match, then you say they don't. You mix up what the charts say vs. what the hardware is doing.

To clarify your last post: from what you posted the AVL58 is obviously supposed to operate on Group C channels, and if you read the numbers all 8 channel frequencies are the same between the two charts.

I have experience with the 5802 and thought that I might be able to help once I understood exactly what you were trying to say. Now I'm not going to bother.

joeflyer said:

I don't care. You cool off. Your tone is very condescending. The use of caps over the internet and text is equal to "shouting" and is considered very rude. So you can see how capitalizing MANUALLY SET THE CHANNELS in the contact of your post can be interpreted.

1st. to clarify. Channel 8 matches "physically" up with C-1 on the boscam. Period. No if's and's or but's
2nd. Read the charts. According to the charts... C1 is 5705 mhz and channel 8 on the AVL is 5945 mhz. so if i MANUALLY tune to C1 and Channel 8, it should not work at all but it does.

this is the case for EVERY BOSCAM 5802 and AVL 58 i have found.

never mind. found it. Channel 4 goes with C-2

according the charts it should be C-4.

Why would channels 3 &4 have anymore power than the others?

Gary E said:
Why would channels 3 &4 have anymore power than the others?
Someone measured the output and Channel 3 and 4 have the highest output. There is a chart that someone made with most popular tx with actual a output per channel.

Why? I dunno. Ask mfg.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl