Auxiliary power Cables.

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I have recently bought The Fatshark Prediator V2 Because I want to do FPV. The Transmitter can be powered multiple ways, through the balance lead on the phantom battery or using the Auxiliary power leads from the phantom. My question is this, does anyone know what the actual power is coming from these leads? How many volts, watts, etc.? The 250mw immersion RC Transmitter has some specs.
Power supply 7 - 17V (2S-4S supply)
Power consumption: 330mA @7.4V (+camera supply)
I say this because not only do I not wish to fry my transmitter :cry: but also If I move up to some thing with more mw. Or possibly if I put a gimbal on it and use the aux power for that.
Thanks so much
Duffy :D

I can't quote you the voltages but I can help with common knowledge around here... most of us power the video transmitter via the Phantom's power because the draw is insignificant compared to the flight time loss due to added weight if you pack on an external battery.

fwiw, there's never been any talk of one transmitter vs another needing different power or voltage or whatever... 200mW, 400mW, 600, 800 that doesn't seem to make any difference, just tap into the appropriate cables.

most of the talk of frying transmitters is centered around people powering them up with no antenna attached which will pretty much insta-fry any transmitter. I killed my original 200mW that way

Thanks! For sure I am going to be using the Phantom Power but IDK if i should use the balance lead off my 2200ma or should i use the actual included aux power.
Is it a direct line to my battery or running though the board so it gets less power?
Duffy

Attachments

• aux power.jpg
    aux power.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 526
I can tell you I followed this guide and tapped into the power exactly as he demonstrates, startin around the 1:18 mark.

It's one of the two pair of cables from the multicolored cable that comes taped to the bottom of the Phantom (NOT the grey gimbal cable). one pair is power/ground, the other is video signal/ground

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl