Autopilot 2.0 out now

The link to your "Our stance on this has been covered elsewhere" is on the Inspire Forum, and not here, which is why Phantom owners haven't seen it before.
Indeed, I didn't mean to imply that we expected that, I was just posting a link so as to not have to type it all out again.

What still hasn't been covered, and I am certain you also know the answer, is what DJI's position is on their warranty, while flying under control of any 3rd party software, including Autopilot. It is null and void, right?
Not sure what DJI's position is, but we will ask them on your behalf and report back.

Where can we read the entire Autopilot EULA before purchasing Autopilot?
You can read it here.

cannot look to either AutoPilot nor DJI for any compensation for crashes while using it. :cool:
Like we said before, if you send us the flight telemetry logs and video from a crash, we are willing to provide a crash analysis, and if we mutally agree that Autopilot created an unrecoverable situation, offer compensation.

Everything that we have read and our testing shows this is not the case. Do you have a link to official documentation that can back this up, because if it is true that is great news.

We are preparing a series of tutorial videos that will be posted to our YouTube channel in the coming days and weeks.

#1: 20 bucks is more than reasonable if it solves, eventually, the lack of true waypoint flying.
#2: I tried it, bu found it confusing because of the lack of tutorials, but you're fixing that. You're only human.
#3: The add on modules appeal to me, because I'm only interested in a couple of them, not the whole set.
#4: I'm using an iPad Mini 3 WiFi only, but that's fixable with a Dual Electronics XGPS150A, which is 80 bucks on Amazon, which is on the way. I looked at the Bad Elf 99 buck plug in unit, but is does not allow you to connect through the gadget to the controller. Wouldn't work for me because the iPad is in a Mophie Juice case anyway. Data is from the hotspot on my phone.
#5: I'm willing to wait for you to give us true waypoint flying, meaning I can set point for the P3 to fly to on the map before flight, and execute the route once in the air.

Thanks for the app and ignore the sniping.

Like we said before, if you send us the flight telemetry logs and video from a crash, we are willing to provide a crash analysis, and if we mutally agree that Autopilot created an unrecoverable situation, offer compensation.

Very good to know that we are not completely on our own like some forum members imply.

Thanks.

Indeed, I didn't mean to imply that we expected that, I was just posting a link so as to not have to type it all out again.

Not sure what DJI's position is, but we will ask them on your behalf and report back.

You can read it here.

Thank you! I fully support you and your app, but some people just don't get the personal responsibilty part, and the pilot error exception to any coverage anywhere. Your Flight School is excellent, and a model for all DJI owners, whether using your app, or DJI GO. If followed, most crashes could be avoided. Keep up the good work, and your responsiveness and candor here speaks volumes! :cool:

#1: 20 bucks is more than reasonable if it solves, eventually, the lack of true waypoint flying.
#2: I tried it, bu found it confusing because of the lack of tutorials, but you're fixing that. You're only human.
#3: The add on modules appeal to me, because I'm only interested in a couple of them, not the whole set.
#4: I'm using an iPad Mini 3 WiFi only, but that's fixable with a Dual Electronics XGPS150A, which is 80 bucks on Amazon, which is on the way. I looked at the Bad Elf 99 buck plug in unit, but is does not allow you to connect through the gadget to the controller. Wouldn't work for me because the iPad is in a Mophie Juice case anyway. Data is from the hotspot on my phone.
#5: I'm willing to wait for you to give us true waypoint flying, meaning I can set point for the P3 to fly to on the map before flight, and execute the route once in the air.

Thanks for the app and ignore the sniping.
Regarding #4, both the Bad Elf Pro 2200 and Bad Elf Pro+ 2300 are connected via Blue Tooth (BT) just like the Dual Electronics unit you purchased. The Lightning connected one obviously won't work, as the Lightning connector is needed for the transmitter. Unlike the Dual units, the Bad Elf units both have digital readouts on the units themselves, providing elevation above sea level and location accuracy in feet. The 2300 adds GLONASS to GPS, just like the P3 onboard antenna.

Is AP really that much better than DJI GO ap? For the average pilot I mean?
It's really not so much an issue of better, as it is of whether it meets your needs. Autopilot offers a lot of additional features and flexibility in the features that DJI GO does not at this time. They aren't mutually exclusive. You can use both, just not at the same time.

It's really not so much an issue of better, as it is of whether it meets your needs. Autopilot offers a lot of additional features and flexibility in the features that DJI GO does not at this time. They aren't mutually exclusive. You can use both, just not at the same time.
We have started a list that explains the differences and what sets Autopilot apart.

Is "AutoPilot" and "AutoFlightLogic" one and the same, or two different entities and products?

Is "AutoPilot" and "AutoFlightLogic" one and the same, or two different entities and products?
AutoPilot for DJI (Ver 2.0) is the name of AutoFightLogic.com's iOS App for the P3 and the Inspire1, so, yes, one and the same.:cool:

Very good to know that we are not completely on our own like some forum members imply.

Thanks.
I strongly suggest you read and study the 6 page long Autopilot EULA in its entirety, with your attorney,
http://autoflightlogic.com/files/autopilotsla.pdf
and read and follow every single step of the 11 Chapter Flight School Flight School - Autoflight Logic before you come to that conclusion, as well as asking DJI whether flying with Autopilot will invalidate any DJI warranty coverage. Any crashes will not be the result of the software, but because you didn't follow the mandatory 11 Chapter Flight School training. :eek: Enough said! :cool:

Last edited:
Yes you need to read the small print, although people seldom do. However before worrying too much you should perhaps ask DJI for the percentage of 'crash' claims that they assist with. I suspect its not very high.

Enjoy the software and fly sensibly.

Yes you need to read the small print, although people seldom do. However before worrying too much you should perhaps ask DJI for the percentage of 'crash' claims that they assist with. I suspect its not very high.

Enjoy the software and fly sensibly.
Let's face it. Almost all crashes are due to pilot error. DJI knows this, and so does AutoLogix, so in the rare event that you can prove to their satisfaction that pilot error played no role whatsoever in a documented crash, both will make good. It's called accepting personal responsibility. If it crashes, it will be your fault, not theirs! If you are going to fly one of these machines, you better be willing to accept full responsibility if you crash it, instead of trying to blame someone else. You are always flying at your own risk, no matter what app you use or don't use, including DJI GO.:cool: I strongly recommend that everyone read and understand and follow the 11 Chapter Autopilot Flight School, even if you never intend to fly with their app. Doing so will prevent 99% of all crashes, so you will never have to worry about who is at fault! :oops: Flight School - Autoflight Logic

Last edited:
Yea ok but why would I want to upload all my data and everything to another site?. Seems pretty useless to me. I would rather just download them and do my own analysis. Too much statistics that can be garnered from sites like this. Especially if some official want to check on the data. Just don't see the use of sharing my data with some site.

Alan
True but keep in mind that some of us already use that site for "Log Book" work so this feature is a HUGE plus.

Just my 2 cents.

I've been through the flight school manual and purchased the basic app and have a few questions. I get a little mixed up with the explanations where you use bearing and offset and so on. I'm used to the standard use of these terms with land nav and there seems to be some inconsistency with that (or maybe I've been out of it too long). For instance, you never use 'azimuth'. Pictures would probably make your explanations more clear. This looks to be a great program, and I am greatly looking forward to your implementation of waypoints.

I also am interested in the reason for the 200m limit. I live near (and spend a good amount of time in) a mountain range. 200m can seriously handicap me.

#1) how well do the channels work on this app? i.e. The GO app has the channel hack that allows u to use different channels so there's less interference. Does the auto pilot app have anything like this?

#2) Does the app consume a lot of the tablet/phone resources causing them to get hot like the pilot app does?

Any info would help before I commit to buying it. O, and I'm using iPad mini 2.

#1) how well do the channels work on this app? i.e. The GO app has the channel hack that allows u to use different channels so there's less interference. Does the auto pilot app have anything like this?

#2) Does the app consume a lot of the tablet/phone resources causing them to get hot like the pilot app does?

Any info would help before I commit to buying it. O, and I'm using iPad mini 2.

DJI have not enabled hardware decoding of video yet on the iOS SDK so you will see a drop in video performance and in the flight school manual you will notice they report potential overheating leading to video problems in hot climates. I use it on an iPad 2 mini and it works fine but I do see a reduction in video performance. In my opinion its a combination of two problems, lack of hardware decoding and DJI breaking the video channels. Both of which are DJI responsibilities so lets hope they address them soon.

The first of several tutorials are out on their YouTube channel. Focus is probably the single most important concept to understand prior to trying other modes. Think of it like the first building block to create awesome videos. I just wish I had this training prior to beta testing. I learned many of the techniques mentioned in the video on my own.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor