Automatic flight and video transfer

Reaction score
As university work I need to use the drone to fly through few waypoints automatically and transfer video(realtime) to the laptop pc(windows OS).

The drone I have to use is Phantom 2 DJI Zenmuse H3-2D with GoPro 4 camera. I wanted to transfer video directly(in realtime) from gopro camera but I have read that a phantom controller operates at 2.4GHz frequency which is the same as GoPro Wi-fi frequency. Will it work or will there be interferences that will not allow it?

The second problem is how to set the waypoints for phantom to fly through. I have read there is android app for phantom vision but it seems it won't work for phantom version with gopro. I also don't have Ipad(for ground station app), only the android phone. Are there any other ways?

I would appreciate any advices, solutions.

You definitively cannot use the GoPro's wifi due to fact they both use the same frequency. I am not positive but I think you can do both through a ground station use lightbridge but the system is not cheap.There should be someone here who can help you with more info on a ground station.

So is it the dead end (lightbridge is out of my reach)? I can't understand why do they sell a drone with a camera that cannot be used remotely.

So is it the dead end (lightbridge is out of my reach)? I can't understand why do they sell a drone with a camera that cannot be used remotely.

That isn't correct because they do sell P2 vision+ and P3's that have there own cameras and run on a frequency of 5.8GHz using wifi to send video back to FPV equipment you just happen to have the wrong Phantom.

I've found this (hope it will work for the gopro4 as well), so hopefully it will allow me to stream video. Do you know anything I could use to set the travel waypoints ? (There is a PC ground station app but it seems on December 12, 2015 it will stop functioning)

I've found this (hope it will work for the gopro4 as well), so hopefully it will allow me to stream video. Do you know anything I could use to set the travel waypoints ? (There is a PC ground station app but it seems on December 12, 2015 it will stop functioning)

I have no idea what you found and hope it will work with the hero 4 because you failed to post it. But what ever it is if it involves the use of wifi you are asking for trouble as both use the same 2.4GHz frequency.

Hi Jekek55, The IPad ground station will continue to work after December. Also the video from the transmitter that you found will not be much compared to the video recorded onto the camera card.

You have the wrong Phantom to start off with.

But yes, there are work arounds but at a cost and headf*ck.
You need 2 way coms (uplink and downlink) for Groundstation to work. You can get a BTU24ghz (I heard they are discontinuing this due to the map system - google maps vector graphics or something).
You can get a plug and play AVL58 transmitter and receiver with RCA output. You will need an RCA to digital input card on your laptop.

BTU24 Ghz
DJI IOSD 2.4G Wireless Bluetooth BT Datalink & iPad Ground Station & BTU i

AVL58 Transmitter and receiver.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/5.8G_VideoLink_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

RCA USB Capture card
Premium Capture Audio Video Adapter Card TV VHS DVD EasyCap DC60 USB2.0 PS2 XBOX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing