Auto Take Off and Landing

I'm a novice - been flying for just 2 weeks. I do not use automatic take off because I want to get a real feel for the plane. I use the "come home" button when I am not 100% sure of my plane's orientation but then take back control when it comes into sight.

Auto take off, check stable hover at 4' (if it's going to do something wonky I don't want it to have to fall far :)) go up to 10m to check everything, Always hand catch 100% of the time as your chances of a tip over are higher on landing. Lost a couple of props on my P2 due to a tip over. i do fly in ATTI about 1/2 the time.

Thanks to this thread I started to hand catch cause that's what most people do! whoo hoo

I still do auto take off cause I don't even know yet how to start it without auto takeoff! (only had it a couple weeks so far)

Manual take of is a breeze. Make sure everything is on and you have GPS singnle (Green ready to fly message at the top of the app) then pull both sticks down to the center. The motors will spin up and wait for you to push the throttle forward and take off. When you want to hover, just let go of the stick.

Reactions: Huskerfan
Manual take of is a breeze. Make sure everything is on and you have GPS singnle (Green ready to fly message at the top of the app) then pull both sticks down to the center. The motors will spin up and wait for you to push the throttle forward and take off. When you want to hover, just let go of the stick.
haha, ok I'll try it. Still learning all the features of the drones and that's why I love forums like this!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl