Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Australian Road Trip

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by FlyingHigh, Sep 20, 2014.

1. FlyingHigh

Hey everyone. I'd like to share a video I made from a week long road trip in Australia. Not all drone footage but the aerial stuff is on my Phantom 2 with H3-3D. I shot in 2.7k, protune, 30fps, medium, with a polar pro ND filter for all but one shot. The one shot that didn't have the filter, the sunset over Katherine Gorge, has some jello going on so after that I never took the filter off. No earth shattering shots, just some cool scenery. Unfortunately I missed a few good things because there is simply nowhere to pull over on the road safely, and on a couple days it was crazy stupid windy. In fact in some of the shots you can see the trees getting whipped pretty good. To be honest I'm amazed I got through a week (maybe 40+ flights) without having an major incidents. I had a couple brackets break on my FPV monitor, a couple early auto lands right after launch (thank god it was right away), and I fried my 110v Futaba charger in the 240v socket over there.

Anyway, comments/critques welcome: https://vimeo.com/106651557

[vimeo]106651557[/vimeo]

Edited with FCPX. My favorite shot is at 6:07

James

2. RedRyderMedia

Embedded video doesn't appear on iPad. Suggest adding a link to the video if you want everyone to see your video.

3. FlyingHigh

4. bigjay51

I really enjoyed your video. The viewer gets to see places that they may never get to see in person. Great job !!!

5. Khudson7

Khudson7 Guest

+1 Nicely done!