Australian Phantom Flyers!

So has anyone tested the maximum flying capabilities of their Standard/4K?

I was at Victoria Park yesterday testing out my DJI Phantom 3 4K to see what the capabilities were and if the firmware update has messed anything up. But not testing it before upgrading the firmware I have no comparison.

I was able to fly it straight overhead to a max altitude of 112m before I started getting Signal Lost messages on the display. I set the max height to 120m so is that about right?
I was also able to fly it to a distance of 179m but wasn’t gutsy enough to go on any further because I started to lose sight of the drone. It definitely felt further. No signal loss.
Does anyone know if these details sound about right?

What have firmware upgrades done to limit people’s drones?
No signal directly overhead is normal, esp if the antennas on remotebare vertical. This orientation provides worse case signal strength.

No signal directly overhead is normal, esp if the antennas on remotebare vertical. This orientation provides worse case signal strength.

What is the highest you have managed to fly your Phantom 3 4K or Standard? DO you think 117m before signal starts dropping out is decent? What about distance?

The 4k is running wifi not lightbridge yeah?if so id imagine around that
Yeps, the 4K runs on WiFi. I know it's not ideal but I got it at a decent price and figured it was a great start.

So the altitude seems rights, what about distance? I only ask because I upgraded the firmware straight out of the box and need to know if it's done anything negative to my drone.

Thanks for that. I guess I haven't really tested out it's maximum distance capability. Will try it this weekend.
All good man,just remember when traveling out of sight try to keep you antennas lined up properly to the aircraft.

Just gave flying at Victoria Park another go and I was satisfied with the results. Image signal did start to drop at over 100m altitude but that was plenty high enough for me. I still had control of the drone though. I don't think I lost signal but I'll find out once I upload the data to Healthy Drones.

Distance was fair too, flew about 200m plus but started losing sight of the drone so RTH was activated. I'm too much of a wuss to fly and rely solely on the phone display. Maybe one day, I don't know how the professionals do it. But for now the DJI Phantom 3 4K suits my needs. Now to find cheap accessories and beautiful locations.

Hi guys,
I'll come and meet up at Victoria Park one day. I have a Phantom 2 Vision+ with a few antenna & a GoPro mod and I usually get around 1KM before the control signal starts dropping out. Similar hardware to your 4K model.
So let me know and I'll come to play.

TuT

I would love to see how other fellow drone flyers go in Adelaide. How are you finding your Phantom 3? I love mine and wish I could have gotten one with Lightbridge but there really is a bit of a jump in price, and the drones aren't cheap.. as we all know.

What does everyone here carry their drone in? Chinese knock-off backpack? DJI backpack? Pelican case? I'm on the lookout for one but price again is a factor as I still need an extra battery.

I got a chinese cheapo backpack lol works great tho ,even came with the water proof cover and adjustable insides.got it from ali express

I still use my dji box that it came in originally, modified to fit extra battery and its actually pretty good for what it is

Hi guys - brand new to all of this (in fact I won't have my Phantom 3 for another few weeks). I'll be purchasing in the US and bringing her home to Oz. Is there anything I'll need to do in terms of recalibrating a northern hemisphere drone to be able to fly in the southern hemisphere (GPS? Compass?) or are these wives tales I've been hearing and she'll be good to go straight out of the box?

Really appreciate any advice!

Guys im selling my p3p ,it comes with backpack prop guards ,gimbal guard,dji lanyard,suncover for screen,camera guard,led spot light(u need to wire yourself).its in great condition,brand new shell and brand new camera.im from sth east subs victoria send me a pm if your interested.

Just crashed my Phantom 3 4K for the first time today. I feel so sick. Guys make me feel better and tell me I'm not the only one this happens to.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl