Australian Phantom Flyers!

Just crashed my Phantom 3 4K for the first time today. I feel so sick. Guys make me feel better and tell me I'm not the only one this happens to.

There there,there there,it's ok.
If it can fly,it can crash.
If it's electronic,it can fail.
If it's opperated by a human there can be errors.
It happens to all or at least most of us at some point.
Those that say they have never crashed (tongue firmly in cheek) are fibbing or are smart arses who need to be blindfolded for a few flights.:p:D

Now get over it,go out and fly it like a demon.

Just crashed my Phantom 3 4K for the first time today. I feel so sick. Guys make me feel better and tell me I'm not the only one this happens to.

Bugger...

Could be worse, kind of: I raved about my P3P at work and convinced a good mate to buy one. A few weeks later and he still hasn't gotten it into the air, but not for want of trying. We do fly in fly out - me to Perth, him to Cairns. Unfortunately I can't even rock around his place and give him a hand to get it airborne. He's pulling his hair out now searching forums for answers. I think he might just have a dead one out of the box...

Has anyone here ever had to contact DJI to get the shell of their drone replaced? I know DJI organize for the pick up of the drone (you pay for return delivery through TNT) to be repaired in Australia but I was wondering about how much the actual repair would cost.

I don't think drones are for me. Looking to possibly sell it, does anyone have any suggestions that I can post it?

I don't think drones are for me. Looking to possibly sell it, does anyone have any suggestions that I can post it?

Hi guys,

My first post, I saw this same query on Whirlpool yesterday! If you're near Brisbane and it's a Phantom 4, I'll consider it.

I'm new to drones, very new, don't have one yet, but the fully integrated Phantom 4 has my attention and looking to get one soon; any suggestions?

Thanks, John

Hi all. I'm in SE Melb. It's not easy to find places to take good stills/photos (legally!) but there are a few. Plenty of places to just fly but for me it's about the photos/videos. I'll try and attach a photo I took with my P3P. Still got it but using a P4 now. P4 A bit smoother, camera a little better, but probably not worth the upgrade.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1471079991.455509.jpg

Hi everyone, Perth here. I've had my P4 for about three months, had two crashes....my best advise is to make sure you stay well away from trees! They eat drones! First crash involved replacing shell $109 from dji and $200 labour - second crash replace gimbal/camera $850.00 .....a very expensive learning curve.

Here's a little vid of lake Claremont, just across the road from where I now live ...

Here's the apartment complex where I liv

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi guys,
Adelaide with P4 around 55 flights so far. Now, I always triple check my props but on 3rd flight today powered up a little and one prop flew up about 4m in the air ??
(Couldn't believe it....checked my pants and they were dry....good sign !!) When checking props I noted that it appeared that one spring was stuck a little and was not letting it actually lock.
4th flight after that no problems went up to 80m until I had signal issues. Now I do checks on prop both sideways movement as usual but also try pulling upwards as well just so that I know its actually locked on. Don't want one of those babies coming off mid flight !

Has anyone here ever had to contact DJI to get the shell of their drone replaced? I know DJI organize for the pick up of the drone (you pay for return delivery through TNT) to be repaired in Australia but I was wondering about how much the actual repair would cost.
Freight is covered by DJI both ways (they have a repair facility in melbourne). Zero cost to me for shell replacememt (cracks around motor mount screws). One week from collection to return.

Freight is covered by DJI both ways (they have a repair facility in melbourne). Zero cost to me for shell replacememt (cracks around motor mount screws). One week from collection to return.

Yep, done by TNT and freight is included both ways, I have mine with them now for stress cracks.. I personally drop it off last Friday since it was only 5 minutes away and been getting email updates everyday its in the last stage now and should have it either tomorrow or by Friday at the latest.

Got emailed the repair quote the bottom shell cost $14.00? (lol) then 2 hours work at $60 total quote was $135 but was done for nothing under warranty..

Now I just need to wait for the phone call to go pickup. :D

Yep, done by TNT and freight is included both ways, I have mine with them now for stress cracks.. I personally drop it off last Friday since it was only 5 minutes away and been getting email updates everyday its in the last stage now and should have it either tomorrow or by Friday at the latest.

Got emailed the repair quote the bottom shell cost $14.00? (lol) then 2 hours work at $60 total quote was $135 but was done for nothing under warranty..

Now I just need to wait for the phone call to go pickup. :D
Interestimg.... quotes says they did whole shell in my case.

Did you crash or was there damage out of the box ?

nope, warranty job about 30'ish flight stress cracks under motor.. thought this was solved as mine had the newest shell design but seem its still a problem.. so will need to keep checking it.

What about distance?
Hello from Sydney. I got to 2,226m distance on my P3S, but had to turn back – not because of signal, but because I was running out of battery. Got back with 2% charge left, having to fight the critical battery auto-landing (it was wanting to land in the bay). Stock RC with a self-made windsurfer and I had FPV the entire way. Signal was still full strength when I had to return.

Hello from Sydney. I got to 2,226m distance on my P3S, but had to turn back – not because of signal, but because I was running out of battery. Got back with 2% charge left, having to fight the critical battery auto-landing (it was wanting to land in the bay). Stock RC with a self-made windsurfer and I had FPV the entire way. Signal was still full strength when I had to return.
Thats pretty cool, not sure if I would want to risk my craft though as I always bring it back on about 15% min. Must have been a good flight for video ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj