Australian Phantom Flyers!

Hey guys if any of you or someone u know crashes there p3p and wants to sell parts let me know,I need a small board from the vision positioning shell

Hi ALL

Thanks for the info in regards to charging, I got a 360 watt invertor and it worked a treat but must add I have Dual batteries and 200 watt solar panel on the roof of the Troopy so no trouble for the charge, got out and fly it all over the place at odd towns and bush areas just need to find the best edit software t put the clips together.

picked up a hard case from supercheap that the P3 fits in with out the prop's on but all fit in control 2 batteries, tablet and prop guards will take a photo and post it up.

Image2_zpsu6pfa83b.jpg

Image1_zpsp5lwi8kw.jpg

cheers
David

Last edited:
Hi All,

Stumbled on this page whilst trying to find Phantom/Multirotor related activity in VIC (Melbourne). I live in the South Eastern Suburbs, and work in the city.

I have a long history (over 24 years) of flying RC, from fixed wing, to helicopters (for those that remember the Kalt Whisper - it was my first love while I was still in Uni.) and now Multirotor/fpv.

I currently build and fly 250 and 150 sized quads (Naze32 FC's with FPV gear, etc..) I love the racers for their speed and agility and I'm now at the brink of getting the P3P. (I have just got approval from Snr Management aka the wife :) )

Does anybody know of a reliable/good/etc/etc.... Place to purchase a P3P ( preferably in Melbourne but definitely in Australia) at a competitive price? - I could buy on the web, but just feel good old cust service is probably the best - I want some place that I can pick an old fashioned phone and talk to a real person. - any help would be really appreciated.

Happy flying all, and most importantly... Fly Safe!

EE hobbies are the distributor for Australia. If you go to their website they list most of the Australian retail outlets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Stumbled on this page whilst trying to find Phantom/Multirotor related activity in VIC (Melbourne). I live in the South Eastern Suburbs, and work in the city.

I have a long history (over 24 years) of flying RC, from fixed wing, to helicopters (for those that remember the Kalt Whisper - it was my first love while I was still in Uni.) and now Multirotor/fpv.

I currently build and fly 250 and 150 sized quads (Naze32 FC's with FPV gear, etc..) I love the racers for their speed and agility and I'm now at the brink of getting the P3P. (I have just got approval from Snr Management aka the wife :) )

Does anybody know of a reliable/good/etc/etc.... Place to purchase a P3P ( preferably in Melbourne but definitely in Australia) at a competitive price? - I could buy on the web, but just feel good old cust service is probably the best - I want some place that I can pick an old fashioned phone and talk to a real person. - any help would be really appreciated.

Happy flying all, and most importantly... Fly Safe!
I used Camzilla...but they are in Sydney.. Small very helpful...they do mail,order...but maybe too far away from you.

Hi ALL

Thanks for the info in regards to charging, I got a 360 watt invertor and it worked a treat but must add I have Dual batteries and 200 watt solar panel on the roof of the Troopy so no trouble for the charge, got out and fly it all over the place at odd towns and bush areas just need to find the best edit software t put the clips together.

picked up a hard case from supercheap that the P3 fits in with out the prop's on but all fit in control 2 batteries, tablet and prop guards will take a photo and post it up.

Image2_zpsu6pfa83b.jpg

Image1_zpsp5lwi8kw.jpg

cheers
David

You're doing it wrong.. It fits with the props on.
20151009_001815.jpg

Hi guys! This is my first post, I am from Chile, but I live in Melbourne. I just got my P3S a few days ago. Next week I am travelling to New Zealand for a week and I would like to take my bird with me. Do you know if I can take it? I am flying next week with Jet Star, no checked baggage. Thank you for your help.

Hi Guys.

Thanks to feedback from Detrack, sbarso, Quadcopter102, MarkEngland and others, I am now proud (and hopefully responsible) owner of a P3P. - Got it from DragonImage mainly because I have bought photography equipment from them before - Great bunch of guys.

I have had 6 flights so far. 4 on beginner mode, and the rest limited to 200m range and 90m altitude.
I know the quad is able to perform way beyond that, out of the box, but it think its only responsible (and safe) to first really get to know the machine. Even though I consider myself a Competent quad flyer (been flying quads for over 5 years - inc 250 size fpv racing quads) I know its vital to know each machine characteristic in detail for successful and safe flying. Besides I want to use it mainly for close range video and photography.

What I must say is that flying the P3 is very different from flying racing quads. Racing quads are extremely fast, agile and need constant control (basically you cant take your hands off the sticks) the pilot also needs to know how to fly the quad well in ANY orientation. (inc. regain control while flying Head-in upside-down).
Flying the P3 is like a big cuddly *****-cat in comparison. - My 8 year old son, who is also a very competent Quad flyer, thinks that the P3P is "Boring" which is a good thing because I get to fly it uninterrupted. :))

Anyway - Thanks to you all. Happy Flying, and above all - Fly safe!

Hey fellow aussie phantom owners! I'm from Melbourne and was just wondering where do people usually fly around Melbourne? There are lots of places where we can't fly due to either airports or helipads so doesn't give us much space to fly in the inner city. Thanks :)

Hi J4KE
I've just taken up my P3 a handful times, but I can imagine inner city being hard to find a good spot which would be compliant with flying guidelines.

Outer suburbs are excellent as there is ample space in parks and open spaces that are far away from airfields, buildings etc.

I have flown once at the Cranbourne gardens and the staff (I asked for permission) did not have a problem with me flying it there as long I did not fly above any people or buildings. In fact the staff were quite interested in how the quad worked and were surprised at how stable it was.

I have flown in local parks and there has never been any problems, and I do make sure that I fly away from any public paths or roads. Also bear in mind any local wildlife I.e. Birds and ducks. Although I have taken a video of my daughter while she was feeding the ducks, and the ducks didn't seem to mind at all.

Hope you find a good place, let us all know. Happy flying.

Reactions: J4KE
Hi all, I'm in Brisbane and just ordered my P3P. Planning to pursue certification once I have a good understanding of how to fly it. Been flying smaller drones for about 6 months. Anyone know about drone insurance for recreational flyers? Hate to hit a judge with it...

That's a good question. Drone insurance. By that I think you mean 3rd party liability. I.e. Insurance to any damage the quad causes I.e if it crashes into a window - insurance to repair/replace the damaged window (not the quad).

I have briefly looked into it myself and came across the AMAS.
Insurance. - Australian Miniature Aerosports Society Inc.
But I have not yet investigated any further.

Is anybody a member. Or has anybody else got insurance - Please let us know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart