Australian Phantom Flyers!

Hey Matt, hows your P3A behaving? what FW version and Pilot app you're using? I am also in Yarra Valley area. cheers
Mine's been flawless so far (touch wood).
I updated mine to the latest firmware out of the box before its first flight, but I don't know what number update it is.
I run the pilot app on an iPad mini 2 and that is also on the latest version. I flew once on my Samsung Note 4 but didn't like it.

Mine's been flawless so far (touch wood).
I updated mine to the latest firmware out of the box before its first flight, but I don't know what number update it is.
I run the pilot app on an iPad mini 2 and that is also on the latest version. I flew once on my Samsung Note 4 but didn't like it.
Thats good Matt, I've got same setup as yours and just flown couple of times but haven't tried indoor flying, hows yours behaving in indoor flying? do you always leave the VPS switch on?

Haven't flown indoors.
Too many expensive things in my house to break, not to mention that fact that SWMBO would most likely kill me, then leave me!!!!!......haha

I'm sth east melbourne here ,thinking of going down to Frankston on Sat day to get some footage along the beach where the colorful sheds are if anyone else wants to come down to catch up feel free to send me a pm

I'am heading out to a old airfield in werribee to get more fly time on my P3 light rain here now

Any Perthies here that can recommend a DJI dealer that has good customer service? I am doing my CASA certification for a business and need a supplier that's decent value on purchases, can possibly do repairs instead of just sending stuff off to DJI and doesn't take eons to sort things out. I've tried 2 suppliers, one is 50ks from me and charges like a wounded bull and another who promises the earth but can't even pull his finger out to quote me on a $3k+ order. I've been waiting a week already so he obviously doesn't want my business. I could buy interstate but I'd rather support local businesses if I can find one that doesn't suck. Thanks

Anybody up around the Central Coast? ...for none Aussies.... Say around 100kl north of Sydney....
I'm in Newcastle,so not much further up than the central coast.

There are 3 clubs in the area and I am contemplating joining the nearest to home.I'm just spending all my spare money on a hex build at the moment so will probably join them in a month or so after I have accumulated all the parts for the hex.
I know there are a couple of Phantom flyers in the area,I have seen video and flytrex data from them,but actually finding them is not so easy.

I visited a club with a field at Doyalston ....but there was nobody there on a Saturday afternoon! Currently building a website which I hope will become a focus for Aussie flyers in NSW if not all states.......as for adding a forum......would depend on if it build up enough and would cater for all type quads in sections. Another focus is the terminally boring hair tugging wait for deliveries from China! Not many know that at least three main sellers online....are owned by the same company...and deliveries from all are routed from the same warehouse....which has little or no stock and buys in as ordered.....I am informed by a Chinese shop owner in Sydney!

Your website idea sounds alright,it would be good to have some kind of register to see where people are and to be able to make contact and organize some fly days or something.
To be able to share information on good spots to fly in other areas would be great too.
Keep us informed how your going with it.

Buying stuff online can often lead to surprises as to who & where the seller realy is.
I bought something last week from a site that potrayed itself as Australian with local wharehouse etc. but when the tracking info came through I find the goods are being sent from the UK.
I have no luck with shipping stuff from China.Their customs usually won't let my goods out of China and they can knock it back several times and then it takes months to get here.
I try to avoid China deals as much as possible.

There are 3 clubs in the area and I am contemplating joining the nearest to home.I'm just spending all my spare money on a hex build at the moment so will probably join them in a month or so after I have accumulated all the parts for the hex.
I know there are a couple of Phantom flyers in the area,I have seen video and flytrex data from them,but actually finding them is not so easy.
Hi, picking up my P3 tomorrow...remembered you mentioned Flytrex and checked it out. Are they easy to fit?? I can cope with soldering..but would prefer not to meddle with it on a new board! Am I right in thinking the gizmo relies on the P3 own battery..if so does the tracking end...when the battery is drained?
I can only find Rise Above as a supplier...is that where you got yours?

Any help / advice appreciated...

Have not got my flytrex yet,on the list for the hex build.
They are easy to fit,no soldering required.Cables available to plug & play on most DJI platforms.The cable plugs into the GPS port and the GPS cable plugs into the flytrex cable which in turn plugs into the flytrex unit.
There are 5 different types of flytrex unit available now,the original flytrex m/core 1,the Core 2,the Live 3G Plus,Live 2G and the Live 3G Plus-Black Box.
I'll be using the Core 2 as I have no wish to use anything that requires a sim card.
Yes they get their power from the Phantoms battery and I would expect the tracking to stop if the battery is drained.
Appart from Rise Above there are a couple of Aus sites with some form of flytrex,Ark have the Core 1,Wicked Copters have Core 1 & 2 and the 2g but they seem to always be out of stock.
Zoxoro have the Core 2 but double the cost of elsewhere.
I can get the Core 2 direct from the flytrex site for a little less than locals charge,including shipping and exchange rates so check on that before you buy one.

I'm sth east melbourne here ,thinking of going down to Frankston on Sat day to get some footage along the beach where the colorful sheds are if anyone else wants to come down to catch up feel free to send me a pm
Hi Jake, I live in Pakenham and often visit Frankston as I have a married daughter living in Mornington. I've just started out with my P3 and would like to meet with others who are more experienced than me some time. I'm retired so my time is quite flexible.I can be contacted on 0400 613 807. Bruce

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl