Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. a2024301

Just got my Phantom 4 last week, very happy so far. I've just been a bit concerned about constantly removing and re-attaching the gimbal cover. The alignment is a pretty precise science and the gimbal mechanism seems fragile. Have you guys got any tips, or is it fairly durable? I try to align the landing gear clips and go from there. Just a bit worried I might damage it if its not quite aligned correctly!

Looking forward to taking a look through some posts :), thanks

2. RoJo46

You do have to put it on the lens cover very carefully. I usually tip the P4 on its back legs with the quad in front of me. At that angle, I gently rotate the camera to the forward position and place the cover over the lens. I have marked the legs with a sharpie so I know where the leg clamps go in order to center the gimbal. Once the lens is covered and fitted properly I snap the clamps on the quad's legs at the index marks. This keeps the gimbal centered and at the same times makes the quad fit in its case. There is a cutout to accommodate the sides of the lens cover cut into the original case or aftermarket cases.

a2024301 likes this.
  3. a2024301

Thanks for your advice on that, I'll put a couple of marks on the bottom as well!

4. normr

Some people got P4's that have markings on the rubber landing skid pads and some of us didn't

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. a2024301

I do have markings on my mine, but I think the position of them might be slightly off where the clips attach.

6. Sim597

I've had markings on both of mine so far lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app