Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

It is. All the FAA has to do is stumble across an incriminating post on here (I bet they hire teams of people to scour the internet for anonymous posts admitting FAA violations), figure out real identity from the user name... This is likely done by telling the admin of this forum to hand over their connection logs so they can learn the IP address. Then go to the ISP for that IP address and demand who is the owner of that address. Once they do that, they can see if that person really didn't register. However, you only need to register if you are flying the drone. You can buy all the drones you want and stack them in the basement without registering. So, the FAA then needs to send out a team of agents in a black van to monitor the suspect for when they fly a drone. I am sure they have huge numbers of such agents available. It is winter here and I don't plan to fly again until May... This should keep them busy for a while.

This sounds totally plausible to me.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

All you have to do is use VPN connection. The mods would never know your true IP address. It's not that difficult. Just sayin'.

I registered mine. No worries for me. As a FAA pilot and owner of an aircraft, I don't worry about who knows or see's my registration number. The one on my plane is HUGE for all to see. No different that the tag registration on you auto. I don't see any one covering that up so no one steals their tag number? Being law abiding, is not always a bad thing...emphasis on 'always'....lol

No, I live in Alberta, not Alabama. Yee haw, go Justin... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: GoodnNuff and bam41
But fighting the good fight is priceless...
I think I need to start a kickstarter then. I'm pretty sure the depth of FAA's pockets is endless.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I think I need to start a kickstarter then. I'm pretty sure the depth of FAA's pockets is endless.
I hear you. It will take a class action or someone who really wants to prove the point.

So... what's the AMA waiting for? ;)
They have stated they are seeking legal avenues at this time hence the call not to register yet. I thought you knew.

seeking legal avenues at this time
We'll certainly have to wait and see what happens. But, I think I'm just smelling some posturing to calm down their members.

There ain't NOTHING "civil" about being nekkid with Donny OR Marie!!
As a nudist I must disagree... well maybe not the D & M part. :)

Then, "All your Balls are belong to us" as well. Hahaha
And I have the t-shirt to prove it. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Um??? FAA!! They haven't given back my $5.00 yet! I guess I should just be happy that I'm (a dog with a dangling shiny new licence tag!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka