Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

What do you get for registering?
Just letter to put on your craft? Or do you receive some type of insurance coverage?
There are a lot of drones out there not to mention all the fixed wing and helicopters. At $5 a pop, were talking millions of dolllars. What will that be used for?

What do you get for registering? Just letter to put on your craft?
Correct. And, the FAA won't sue you for failing to register :)

Or do you receive some type of insurance coverage?
That would be awesome, but a bit of a stretch for only paying $5 every 3 years. No?

At $5 a pop, were talking millions of dolllars. What will that be used for?
Again, that's $5 spread over 3 years. This process is no doubt going to cost the FAA more many than they are going to collect.

At $5 a pop, were talking millions of dolllars. What will that be used for?
But they give you the $5 back, so let's see, $0.00 times 1,000,000.....carry the 1.....divide by PI....

They ain't getting rich on it!

Mark my words, in time the government will be coming for your drones just like they will soon be coming for your guns( and the drones don't have any 2nd amendment/constitution protection)

You will be forced to surrender your drone or be executed or arrested on the spot. Remember, Eric Garner was executed by the New York police department for failing to pay like .70 cents of cigarette tax.

Drones might be used to uncover their secrets and illegal activities against the American people and we can't have that. Just like we can't have encryption which keeps our data secure from the NSA. Edward Snowden(the NSA whistle blower) recommended trucrypt and a month later they were gone off the face of the earth with nothing more then a cryptic message on their website.

We need to fight this 1984 style registration and exercise our freedom and liberty. If I want my drone to catch Eric Holder selling weapons to the Mexican cartels(operation fast and furious) , then it should be my right to exercise that freedom and hold the corrupt tyrants responsible for their crimes.

In case you could not tell, I am against the drone registration program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: aka1ceman
Yep......a whopping 39 hits when using DJI, a treasure trove of info. (sigh) Think about it....you registered once for all of your quads and you don't specify type. This list is for commercial use.
Well the search isn't intuitive but I can tell you there are hundreds of hits for the Phantom 3. Not to mention that the site says registrations aren't posted until the next business day. So anyone who registered the last 3 days is not listed. No matter. The point is your information will be public. Make your decision with all the information:

"Do or do not......"

Well the search isn't intuitive but I can tell you there are hundreds of hits for the Phantom 3. Not to mention that the site says registrations aren't posted until the next business day. So anyone who registered the last 3 days is not listed. No matter. The point is your information will be public. Make your decision with all the information:

"Do or do not......"
Just to be clear, those are people who have "N" numbers, they are commercial operators, not the hobby crowd. The FAA did say the hobby crowd will be searchable in the future, but it is not as of this time.

Mark my words, in time the government will be coming for your drones just like they will soon be coming for your guns( and the drones don't have any 2nd amendment/constitution protection)

You will be forced to surrender your drone or be executed or arrested on the spot.
I didn't realise they had internet access there in Pyongyang??

You will be forced to surrender your drone or be executed or arrested on the spot.
I agree you premise, Pick you battles! At this point only single quad owners have a problem with this. We cannot fight small changes to appease "grandma", Think politics, not rights.

Tried to register a few times but that website never sent me the activation email and nobody at the faa has responded to my multiple attempts to email them directly about the issue.

Only National Parks are restricted airspace. State and County Parks are not restricted.
I misspoke. It was a National Park. But I am sure all the others will leap onto that bandwagon soon enough.

I have posted to FB feeds of local news stations volunteering to demonstrate and allow them to see, firsthand, the capabilities of these units. To date, zero accepting.

So do all the folks flying fixed wing and helicopters over the minumum weight restriction need to register as well? Even if they are AMA memebers and flying at their field?
Or is registration limited to multi rotors only?
It is my understanding, if your flying machine is unmanned and over the weight restriction, regardless of type of craft, you must register. Just how I interpreted it, though.

It is my understanding, if your flying machine is unmanned and over the weight restriction, regardless of type of craft, you must register.
All UAS that fall within that weight span and that are not being used for commercial purposes must be registered.

I registered about a week ago. Not that I really care, but haven't seen the $5 refund yet. Is everyone else who registered in the same boat?

I did not get a refund yet either.

I misspoke. It was a National Park. But I am sure all the others will leap onto that bandwagon soon enough.

I have posted to FB feeds of local news stations volunteering to demonstrate and allow them to see, firsthand, the capabilities of these units. To date, zero accepting.

They know what UAVs can do, however, showing benefits to something like this is out of their scope.
There's too much potential BAD news to report on them to show anything that could be considered 'positive'.
As UAV technology advances, they'll be using them in place of manned helicopters... much cheaper to operate
for comparable video footage. As recent media has shown, networks are already using them for sports videography.

Did you check your spam? It may have been 'filtered' out.

Yup, kept a close watch on all incoming mail. Nothing arrived which is why I emailed them directly. I did get their "We've received your email and will be in touch"

What do you get for registering?
Just letter to put on your craft? Or do you receive some type of insurance coverage?
There are a lot of drones out there not to mention all the fixed wing and helicopters. At $5 a pop, were talking millions of dolllars. What will that be used for?

You register yourself one time! You will receive a registration number that goes on all of your aircraft that are between the specified weight range. It can be a quad, fixed wing or helicopter. A great place to read is Model Aircraft Operations

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka