Are you guys registering your Phantoms?

I registered Could be a big problem if you do not. The US gov knows a bunch about us anyway so to get a free registration is not a big deal.

We should all be concerned that they're going to make this a public database with all the registers information available to anyone who purchased their database
New to this site but thought I would add that....It is already public... No need to sell it. anyone with access to the internet can view it.

FAA Registry - Aircraft - N-Number Inquiry

You can search by model and state.. You betcha! Comes back with everything including the owners name, address and the serial number of the aircraft. Just saying.

New to this site but thought I would add that....It is already public... No need to sell it. anyone with access to the internet can view it.

FAA Registry - Aircraft - N-Number Inquiry

You can search by model and state.. You betcha! Comes back with everything including the owners name, address and the serial number of the aircraft. Just saying.
That is for 'N' numbers but I assume it will be very similar for UAV's.

No you can go to that link and search a number of different ways. I typed in DJI and got a ton of hits. It is then organized by state etc... Pretty simple to get the info if you know what you are looking for..

No you can go to that link and search a number of different ways. I typed in DJI and got a ton of hits. It is then organized by state etc... Pretty simple to get the info if you know what you are looking for..

As long as it is a N numbered UAV which was registered under Aircraft registration.... The UAV registration (at this point and time) can not connect you to a brand or model of drone,
because one registration can cover 40 UAVs (if you've got the feevah)... Just sayin'.

No you can go to that link and search a number of different ways
Right. But, it only returns search results for people who have N numbers. That's not the same thing as the UAS registration.

If you're referring to NFA items (short barreled rifles, machine guns etc), that's not a "license". The item is on the federal registry and there is a one time transfer tax due at the time of purchase.
You are correct about the transfer tax for restricted devices, but the person to whom the device is transferred must have the appropriate Federal and State license to own the device. I was specifically referring to a Class 3 (Federal) license, but State licenses, where required, have different names.

Well, every day, the news has a minimum of one story about "drones". Tonight it was someone who did no know it was illegal to fly them in state parks.

I found it amusing the fine depends on "if wildlife was disturbed, if the park suffered damage", etc.

That is usually followed by the news crew giving mis-information. My favorite is "it is illegal to fly within five miles of any airport." This, as we know, is not accurate. You CAN fly within that 5 mile zone, you just need to contact the airport first. I get curious on how to do that with small, unmanned rural airports. Mine has no tower. Pilots coming in give a general broadcast over the radio of their location and intentions.

The FAA registration certificate even states that you must call the airport so if stopped, when you show that, just have the name of who you talked to.

All of this nonsense is coming about because far too many are being exceptionally stupid when flying and the public's misconception about privacy.

I checked the link and searched by manufacturer. I found several in my state. However, all info provided is name address and credit card number. If my number gets out, I can change it. If someone is searching by my name, they already know who I am and, most likely, my address. If they search by my FAA number, then they have my device. All info that is readily available, except cc info.

The registration site link in this thread is for those using their birds for commercial. I found one for a sheriff's office and a medical facility.

Only National Parks are restricted airspace. State and County Parks are not restricted. Perhaps in THAT state
it's illegal, or in THAT park there's restrictions. I agree the media is relentless once they dig their teeth into something
that boosts ratings. This is exactly why I avoid Network News like the plague. If privacy were an issue, their
helicopters and high tech camera equipment are much more intrusive, as are the reporters that knock on doors
to ask stupid questions.

Funny thing is, that UAV pilot took it to a park... a wide open space, to fly responsibly... so in HIS/HER mind it
probably was doing the right thing. As a UAV Pilot, you could call the News, and tell them they aren't reporting
the news accurately, or post to their website on the story. Problem is people BELIEVE what they hear on the News,
and rarely question its validity. Then again, you can't fix stupid.

Yep......a whopping 39 hits when using DJI, a treasure trove of info. (sigh) Think about it....you registered once for all of your quads and you don't specify type. This list is for commercial use.

Yes. Cooperation by all of us is the best way to repeal or make changes later. Although I am not one for change or cooperation by intimidation by govt., I think that for the good of the hobby we need to let them know how big we really are and not worried about trivial issues. We do have the power as a group to repeal, change or dismiss if we are one.

Reactions: Formstone
So do all the folks flying fixed wing and helicopters over the minumum weight restriction need to register as well? Even if they are AMA memebers and flying at their field?
Or is registration limited to multi rotors only?

I registered and I have little problem with it. I see this as the least onerous restriction the FAA could have put on our hobby. I do believe it will lead to more responsible operation. Let's show the rest of the public that there is no reason to further restrict these craft.

-Steve Nolet

So do all the folks flying fixed wing and helicopters over the minumum weight restriction need to register as well? Even if they are AMA memebers and flying at their field?
Or is registration limited to multi rotors only?
It's limited to UAS between 0.55 lbs. (250 grams) and up to 55 lbs. (25 kg). Everyone who is not flying for profit must register.

It's limited to UAS between 0.55 lbs. (250 grams) and up to 55 lbs. (25 kg). Everyone who is not flying for profit must register.

So I have 20+ fixed wing planes all over 2 lbs but none over 55. Does that mean I have to register each one before I can fly again? Most are scratch made, so no manufactuer lable, just home built.

So I have 20+ fixed wing planes all over 2 lbs but none over 55. Does that mean I have to register each one before I can fly again? Most are scratch made, so no manufactuer lable, just home built.
You register yourself and then attach the same registration number to all aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor