Are waivers on hold?

Reaction score
According to the FAA site, no waivers have been granted since Jan. 23rd of this year. So I have 2 questions and I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed...

1. Has anyone here received a waiver since then?
2. Does Trump's freezing of Obama rules/regulations affect the FAA's decision making process for waivers?

I beg you to not make this a political post :)

According to the FAA site, no waivers have been granted since Jan. 23rd of this year. So I have 2 questions and I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed...

1. Has anyone here received a waiver since then?
2. Does *****'s freezing of Obama rules/regulations affect the FAA's decision making process for waivers?

I beg you to not make this a political post :)

I spoke with the FAA last week about my waiver. They emailed me to discuss details. Sounds like I'm going to get it. Just not sure when.

Yes, they are still granting waivers even though the online list seems frozen. I got one last week and of course the list at the .gov website doesn't show me on it

Yes, they are still granting waivers even though the online list seems frozen. I got one last week and of course the list at the .gov website doesn't show me on it
Good to know, my request went in about 3 weeks ago and I haven't even received the first notice email about it.

Good to know, my request went in about 3 weeks ago and I haven't even received the first notice email about it.

Getting a waiver is different than getting an authorization for airspace. The waiver process usually takes much longer than the authorization so this is likely why you haven't heard anything back.

I really do wish they would send a confirmation email to you when you request a waiver/authorization.. at least something with a request number. I sat there for weeks worrying mine didn't go through or something!

They sent me a confirmation email. About three business days after I submitted my waiver request I got an automated email. Here is the cut and paste (with my specific number redacted out).

Thank you for submitting an application for a Certificate of Waiver to 14 CFR Part 107. Your waiver application reference number is 107W-2016-XXXXX. Please use this number in all future communications.

We will strive to complete review and adjudication of your waiver/airspace authorization within 90 days; however, the time required for the FAA to make a determination will vary based on the complexity of the request.

We appreciate your patience as we work diligently to provide you with a timely decision.

Part 107 Waiver Team

General Aviation and Commercial Division

In our case it took about 80 days from time of submission to completion. At that time I received an email of approval. Of course having Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years federal holidays mixed in there probably didn't do anything to speed up the process.

They sent me a confirmation email. About three business days after I submitted my waiver request I got an automated email. Here is the cut and paste (with my specific number redacted out).

Thank you for submitting an application for a Certificate of Waiver to 14 CFR Part 107. Your waiver application reference number is 107W-2016-XXXXX. Please use this number in all future communications.

We will strive to complete review and adjudication of your waiver/airspace authorization within 90 days; however, the time required for the FAA to make a determination will vary based on the complexity of the request.

We appreciate your patience as we work diligently to provide you with a timely decision.

Part 107 Waiver Team

General Aviation and Commercial Division

In our case it took about 80 days from time of submission to completion. At that time I received an email of approval. Of course having Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years federal holidays mixed in there probably didn't do anything to speed up the process.

That's interesting! Maybe they only gave them for waivers and not authorizations? I got automated denial Emails for a number of authorizations but never an initial confirmation. All other contact was from a real person.

I received my waiver today! Submitted 1/10. I got a huge chunk south of PDX in class C, its marked out in square blocks. Its only good till 8/31/17. Pretty cool.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl