Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Are the settings stored in the app or the Phantom?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by charlie999, Jun 20, 2015.

1. charlie999

Ok so you set up your Phantom using an iPhone. You set the gimbal speed, turn on IOC, set the video size and quality and fly. Next time out you decide to use your iPad. Do the setting remain or do you have to re set them. Are they sorted within the app or the phantom?

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like something you could easily test to be sure.
    My settings seem to stick, but after a firmware update a few (not all) were set back to original settings.

3. charlie999

I could test and will but wondered if anyone had experience of it.

Just wondered is some were set on the craft and some in the app!!

4. BMech

Pretty sure it is the phantom. Otherwise your settings would change when you move between display devices such as between my iPhone 6 and my iPad mini.

5. charlie999

Just tested it with various settings and looks like stored within the Aircraft.

This is good. Now if I fire it up with the iPhone just to change a couple of things before a flight I can just connect to the iPad at the field to fly without worrying about what I changed before.

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

Some settings are stored in the DJI Pilot app (e.g. Over Exposure Warning). But, many are stored on the Phantom itself -- and, require the Phantom to be connected in order to set them. Firmware updates definitely can modify your settings, so you should always review them after installing new firmware.