Anyone else get woozy when they see their drone up high??

Reaction score
Hey all! Ok, kinda a strange thing here but I'm wondering if it happens to anyone else.

Every time I'm flying high (98 feet or so... beginner mode, yea... I know. Lol), anyway When I look away from the screen and up at the drone, I get woozy for a second then it goes away! Ha!! It's kinda strange! It's almost like I feel like I'm up there with it or something! Or maybe I'm just afraid it's going to fall outta the sky, or who knows! It's just bizarre because I'm absolutely NOT afraid of heights, love plane rides, roller coasters, etc. Now I'm 100% totally a noob and I'm having an absolute BLAST flying! I'm sure I'll get over this strange heights/ not heights/ kinda sorta heights in the back of my mind fear, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced it??

Thanks all in advance! :)

Reactions: The Drone Ranger
Yes I know. I think, I have £1200 up there what if it fails. I just have to trust in the technology. I do trust DJI. I think that they have done all they can for reliability.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yeah, the first time I saw my drone 200 feet up and 600 feet away it was unsettling, even though it was hovering in full control.

That feeling started to go away after a few flights. It helped to keep my eyes on the tablet screen rather than look up in the air trying to find the quad.

95% of my flights are straight up, and yea, I get woozy too, but I find if I fly forward maybe 30 feet or so, then straight up, it's not so bad, because the AC isn't directly over your head...
And directly above provides the worst possible antenna orientation for good connection.

95% of my flights are straight up, and yea, I get woozy too, but I find if I fly forward maybe 30 feet or so, then straight up, it's not so bad, because the AC isn't directly over your head...
I find the same.

I think the proper term would be vertigo. I know if I look down at the screen and then straight up, I feel that queezy feeling coming on. Down range as mentioned isn't so bad.

I've heard of people getting sweats or nausea under a FPV hood too. I think when your other senses don't balance out then that feeling comes in. Like standing on a slanted roof and looking up at an antenna and trying to work on it. Feet, ears, and eyes aren't in sync, hence vertigo.

HA I thought I was the only one!!! Iv always had an issue looking up vs looking down when Im high up. I know for me its a combo of vertigo and the expensive toy I have up there that is fragile

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This is pretty funny! I literally thought I was the only one this happens too! Haha!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl