Anyone cracked their FC40 open yet?

Reaction score
I know that the FC40 has all the latest stuff like the NAZA-M V2 controller, at least according to the DJI press release, but does anyone know if there is an open CAM port inside, like coming off the PMU? If someone to post a photo of the inside of their FC40 that'd be awesome!

Update: While there may not be a USB port on the bottom of the transmitter, I read in another forum that a user found the USB connection inside the transmitter and the bind button is in the battery compartment.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2054043&page=7#post27313061
Update: This is the inside of an FC40http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/4/9/8/5/2/0/a6355325-213-DSC02573.jpg
a6355325-213-DSC02573.jpg

Aaand... here we can see the Tx which is used with the current P2V. Model PVY581.

Can some lucky owner of a FC40 tell us what the product code of the FC40 Tx is? And if it's different... pics are always nice. :)

FatKevinSmith said:
I know that the FC40 has all the latest stuff like the NAZA-M V2 controller, at least according to the DJI press release, but does anyone know if there is an open CAM port inside, like coming off the PMU? If someone to post a photo of the inside of their FC40 that'd be awesome!

Thanks for that link on the P2V controller. I will definitely put up some pics of mine when it finally arrives unless someone else who already has the FC40 is willing to beat me to it!

Hi Guys
After cracking open my trans case to set the pot from CE to FCC i found that there is no USB port on the bottom of the trans or the board inside funny my trans has no SN # has a model # and bar code reading V2.0.0 guess there is no update for the trans firm ware in the future.

Dennis

Nope didn't see any gimbal connection guess this is part of the reason for the price still a good deal for what you get i have other quads that i paid a lot more money for and they never have performed like the phantom to date.

Dennis

Sheesh.. they really went cheap with the transmitter.. Oh well. This is my first RC flying machine so if it doesn't fly away on me I'll eventually upgrade the system to a Futaba anyway. Weird though that the manual on DJI's FC40 page shows a micro USB on the bottom of the controller. Would you be able to upload some pics of the back of the controller?

Well let me know how the futaba works out since the system on fc40 is 5.8 to avoid the camera interference and fly away i might not want to be to fast in converting the fc40 to futaba control 2.4 i will try and get a few pic's and upload them to the site but really not much to see.

Dennis

Well I would be ditching the FC40 cam and replace w/ a GoPro and a 5.8 FPV, so switching to 2.4 would be a necessity anyway. Either that or I'd wind up just selling it and get a vanilla Phantom 2. Sure, in hindsight, maybe I should have gone with a Phantom 2 in the first place, but I just want to get my feet wet first.

Regarding the transmitter, on the back are there two pots (one above the CE/FCC one)? My understanding is that all the other phantoms either have the pot or they have an actual lever on the back. If the pot is there, you can buy the lever for $10 to get that 7th channel control for gimbal.

jamerd said:
Hi Guys
After cracking open my trans case to set the pot from CE to FCC i found that there is no USB port on the bottom of the trans or the board inside funny my trans has no SN # has a model # and bar code reading V2.0.0 guess there is no update for the trans firm ware in the future.

Dennis

You don't have the tiny silver sideways micro USB female on the trans board next to the plug in connectors?

I had mine open and saw it. Updated it, just because too....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl