Anybody using a MacBook Air for editing 4k?

Wow ...I'm copying that info and going for the same setup that should work perfectly I'd think

A Dell inspiron with touch screen can be had for the same money, but with a modern 7th Gen i7. There is no reason to spend that much on a old Mac computer. Spit out the cool aid. Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 Laptop | Dell
Some people prefer to work on Mac. For that kind of person, that deal on a refurbished machine is alright.

A Dell inspiron with touch screen can be had for the same money, but with a modern 7th Gen i7. There is no reason to spend that much on a old Mac computer. Spit out the cool aid. Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 Laptop | Dell

Those are nice specs... The thing about the Mac is the ability to use Final Cut Pro and the bulletproof reliability of Apple products and customer service that comes with it... Yes there prices are high, but you can find some grade A refurbished MacBooks' for good prices...I just watched a few comparisons videos of the Adobe Pro (PC)vs Final Cut Pro(Mac)and the results were night and day when it comes to speed... Although the the Adobe runs smother on PC, but still can't compare to FCP.

I have and use both PC and Apple products and have always had better experiences with Apple products from phones to tablets to desktops. Guess I like the Kool Aid ;)......but still like a good PC too.

Last edited:
Those are nice specs... The thing about the Mac is the ability to use Final Cut Pro and the bulletproof reliability of Apple products and customer service that comes with it... Yes there prices are high, but you can find some grade A refurbished MacBooks' for good prices...I just watched a few comparisons videos of the Adobe Pro (PC)vs Final Cut Pro(Mac)and the results were night and day when it comes to speed... Although the the Adobe runs smother on PC, but still can't compare to FCP.

I have and use both PC and Apple products and have always had better experiences with Apple products from phones to tablets to desktops. Guess I like the Kool Aid ;)......but still like a good PC too.
Totally agreed. For editing video it's just personal preference. General use, Apple simplify things which make it nicer to use. I'm no fan boy, I've set up servers at work with linux (I chose this for the server), I generally use the windows computers at uni (it's better imo for the course I am on) over macs but I'll use my MacBook Pro at home, for word processing and video. Also, you cannot beat the build quality when it comes to MacBook.

Ended up getting a used MacBook Pro 15 w/Retina off eBay ... thing looked brand new!!! So far this thing is awesome for the 4K video downloads and playback !!! So fast and crystal clear[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You need a Quad Core really. I had a MacBook Air and it didn't process video very well. The MacBook Pro 2015 does though.

I bought a 2015 (mid) 15" with 16gb ram and the 512GB SSD Drive for $1600 shipped. SuperDuperMacs is the user. My Mac came in a box, with brand new MagSafe and extension cord. It's a retina also. It's also the 2.5ghz i7 Intel. This guys ships used Macs like brand new!

I couldn't find a better deal. I looked for weeks. I made an offer and he countered with $1600 shipped. Plus it's got a Carbon Fiber vinyl covering.

Check him out!

Which model did u get off of ebay? What specs?

I got the mc975LL/a

It's the 2012-2013 MacBook Pro 15.4 w/Retina

Here is detailed specs
MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.3 15" Retina 2012 Specs (Retina Mid-2012, MC975LL/A, MacBookPro10,1, A1398, 2512) @ EveryMac.com

Highlights
2.3GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core
8GB of DDR3 Onboard RAM
256GB Flash Storage
nVIDIA GeForce GT 650M Graphics (1GB)
15.4" Widescreen LED-Backlit IPS Display
2880 x 1800 Native Resolution
802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
Integrated Stereo Speakers
FaceTime HD Camera, Dual Microphones

You can find them on eBay and Amazon for about
$850-$1200

So far I'm loving mine... still need to get Final Cut Pro installed... using the free GoPro Studio for now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94