Anybody ordered de Dronexpert Vision Gimbal?

dastagg said:
I placed my order this morning for the gimbal and am anxiously waiting for it to deliver. I promise to give a review and fully expect it to be favorable. I had a few questions to be answered prior to ordering and using their website chat feature, I got all my answers quickly and placed the order immediately. With the support I received already from their chat support, I feel like they will have good customer support if needed. Hurry up FedEx!!! I will advise and hope the link to a video from other person above gives a good link to their package for viewing soon?

Are you not waiting for the fully operational 'free gift' 7th channel version then?
If it's not being too nosy, what did you ask and what did they answer?

gunslinger said:
Pull_Up said:
Oh I'm pretty certain he checked and double-checked that link. ;)

Is our little troll friend back?

-slinger

I'm sorry guys. I just had to do that Rick Roll. I should have the gimbal for the Vision in 1-2 weeks. I will be making a real video for sure.

Studiowise said:
dastagg said:
I placed my order this morning for the gimbal and am anxiously waiting for it to deliver. I promise to give a review and fully expect it to be favorable. I had a few questions to be answered prior to ordering and using their website chat feature, I got all my answers quickly and placed the order immediately. With the support I received already from their chat support, I feel like they will have good customer support if needed. Hurry up FedEx!!! I will advise and hope the link to a video from other person above gives a good link to their package for viewing soon?

Are you not waiting for the fully operational 'free gift' 7th channel version then?
If it's not being too nosy, what did you ask and what did they answer?

My questions were pretty much about pricing. I wasn't real sure about pricing and any fees from overseas. As for as the extra channel, I am under impression that I get it since it shows to be included on the website, so fully expect it to be included. I wanted to insure final price to insure no surprises, but no extra price add ons were present. :)

Droneexpert.nl has a new video posted today that has another side by side comparision of the phantom vision 2 with and without their new gimble. The gimble is a big improvement and at cost of $600 it should be. The gimble reduced flight time from 21 minutes to 17. I found the video through their Facebook site and then looking at the person who was posting the videos "Roger Borre". His Facebook provides a link to the new youtube video. No video on how to install with this one but still impressive

Knotguilty said:
Droneexpert.nl has a new video posted today that has another side by side comparision of the phantom vision 2 with and without their new gimble. The gimble is a big improvement and at cost of $600 it should be. The gimble reduced flight time from 21 minutes to 17. I found the video through their Facebook site and then looking at the person who was posting the videos "Roger Borre". His Facebook provides a link to the new youtube video. No video on how to install with this one but still impressive

The p2v I'm getting no less than 23 minute average flight time with 15 to 20 percent battery remaining.

BenDronePilot said:
Knotguilty said:

The p2v I'm getting no less than 23 minute average flight time with 15 to 20 percent battery remaining.

Sure, I do too, but it depends on how windy it was for their side by side flight time test (looked gusty to me) and they were hovering for most of the time which is more draining on the batteries. If I have the option of taking it off for 23 Mins flight time or keep it on for 17 then that will be great for me as I have two batteries for the days when I need them.

Edited to add: just watched video again and the clouds are moving pretty quick (in the normal Speed (x1) footage!)

Morgan 1983 said:
tomwato said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aJUtuzUuqM&list=UUBdHkyqP27bfiBGnrh5lj5Q&feature=c4-overview
Gutted it outta my price range, video looks heaps better. Fingers crossed rotorpixel comes up with the goods soOn!

I got this because the dronexpert version retains the tilt function along with the 7e channel additional lever on the back of the transmitter. I'm not really sure that the rotorpixel allows you to do this. You also might be waiting for a while. Think about all the ramping up that has to happen to mass produce something. Schematics have to be submitted and approved to a manufacturing plant etc... It's pricey but for me I really want it now... So supply and demand I guess. Ugh...

Has anyone noticed the ribbon dangling lower than the landing skids And some black components on the bottom side of the mounting plate!

Just wondering if these components would be subject to damage in rough landings or rough surfaces?

Any thoughts....

Thanks

katherinnev21 said:
The best brushless gimbal ever StunningMovement brushless gimbal for the phantom, I bought it and is working fantastic. No soldering, affordable, endure, and has auto resume.
I think is really cheap and I have filmed a couple of footages that are really awesome, later on I going to post. Is made by an Australia Company.

http://www.stunningmovement.com.au/came ... lizer.html

Gotta love the customer/product review on that webpage :lol:

I have one in several pieces

I just got back from trying to fly my new P2V with the Dronepert gimbal. I have 2 DJI's P2V's and had never taken the new one out because I want ideal conditions to fly the bird with the new gimbal.
I used the same flying area I've always used and everything checked out great.
I took off...let it hover for about 5-6 seconds...everything seemed good to go. I gained some altitude...30-40-feet...and softly did a few circles...everything was working great.
I started a slow descent and about 8-10 feet off the ground the bird started to vibrate and lost all control of the aircraft. Released all controls and the a/c came down..."still". Needless to say the plastic bottom base of the Droneexpert snapped and tore the hell out of the gimbal.
I just sent an email to dronexpert about this episode and I asked them if they did any repairs.
I'm an ex combat helicopter pilot that fully understands fall thru of an aircraft...no pilot error here.
I'll keep posting until I get answer back from Dronexpert.

I was really surprised that they are using a very brittle plastic for such a critical part attached to the landing gear.

Lets see what they do.

I had this gimbal, flew with it 5 time, the last time I was flying 10 feet off the ground at a golf course hit a tree branch it dropped in the grass and shattered into pieces.. WTH!! Don't waste your money on this plastic POS!$600 down the drain..

Pinch1020 said:
I had this gimbal, flew with it 5 time, the last time I was flying 10 feet off the ground at a golf course hit a tree branch it dropped in the grass and shattered into pieces.. WTH!! Don't waste your money on this plastic POS!$600 down the drain..

****. I just ordered one and it gets here Saturday. Wish I would had read this post first!

I got my DronExpert in today. I bought it off ebay and it was advertised as new. It wasn't. It was in bubble wrap and was missing the case and signal selector. Thank goodness for Ebay's Money Back Guarantee.

The gimbal looks very fragile. I would not buy one.

Now I have to figure out if I'm going to buy a RotorPixel or just sell my PV and buy a PV+.

JoeColorado said:
Pinch1020 said:

****. I just ordered one and it gets here Saturday. Wish I would had read this post first!

I just ordered a 2 axis goodluckbuy from ebay cause it's guaranteed for $100, worth a try for me. I'll keep you posted.

Dronexpert gimbal after a 10 foot drop on a golf course

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 382
Yeahh, same as mine.. Email dronexpert, they will tell to you to send all broken parts, they will repair(new one, in my case 80 euros, with shipping):)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl