Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Anybody get annoyed by a buzzing drone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by snowghost, Apr 24, 2016.

1. snowghost

A couple weeks ago I saw a P3 flying over my driveway as I was leaving (coincidentally to take mine to the park). He was pretty low. Later that day he was flying over backyards at about 100'.

Today it happened again while I was on the patio eating breakfast with my GF. Not cool.

I've been the lone drone in this neighborhood and do my best to not piss anybody off. I take off and climb immediately to at least 200 or 300 feet so as to not attract attention. If I fly from home it's to catch the sunset at high altitude.

I''m afraid someone is going to think it's me. Or worse create more animosity toward drones.

Next time he flies I'll try to locate and talk some common sense into him. But I must say it's weird being on the other side. I do see the creep factor as at 100' or so you see the camera plain as day.

2. flpholt

just tell him to fly higher don't want to ruin it for you flying so low maybe fly together and show him how its done

snowghost likes this.
  3. Erised

I would try to educate the person on proper ettiquet on quads and how not to pee off people. Show him some techniques and try to make him or her realise that his actions may cause some negative reactions with the hood.

4. Sim597

Probably a kid, I'd think most adults wouldn't do this, as we have neighbors and home values and such to worry about. Doesn't mean it is for sure, just my bet

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. With The Birds

Have your phantom launch ready. It's happened twice. Good chance they will be back. Get ready to follow them back to the launch site. Take it from there.

Cale262 and snowghost like this.
  6. Crawdaddyjc

Phantom chicken fight!

7. Colorado68

Drone rage coming to a neighborhood soon. ;)

snowghost likes this.
  8. snowghost

I texted my immediate neighbors to advise I'm not the guy doing that. But other people might think it's me as they've seen me flying from time to time.

It could well be a kid. That makes a lot of sense. I'll report back when I fine the person.

9. TWP723

Pose naked..that'll teach him!

WetDog, Clipper707 and snowghost like this.
  10. Wolfiesden

What fun. Launch yours and follow his home :) Should be pretty easy to figure out who/where he/she is :) And then talk to his/her parents :)

snowghost likes this.