Anybody crashed like this (now with video)

Reaction score
Trying to land to fast starts to wobble back and forth out of control while losing altitude throttle up does not stop it have to power down and hope for the best. I have had this happen twice. Dropping too fast then trying to recover only to keep losing altitude and crash. This is with gimble, T-Motors and T-Motor Carbon props. Too much weight or just letting it assend too fast ?

http://www.shutterfly.com/video/myVideo ... 10489f60d7

Anyone ?

Thanks

Re: Anybody crashed like this

Dtacmed said:
Trying to land to fast starts to wobble back and forth out of control while losing altitude throttle up does not stop it have to power down and hope for the best. I have had this happen twice. Dropping too fast then trying to recover only to keep losing altitude and crash. This is with gimble, T-Motors and T-Motor Carbon props. Too much weight or just letting it assend too fast ?

Anyone ?

Thanks

Sounds like the vortex effect .... experienced guys say never just drop directly down vertically at full noise, ...... either add some slope forward or back when dropping fast and will help hold stability when coming down at speed

Yep that sounds like it. also after last crash I re-powered up only to find red flashing low battery lights guess this didn't help either. Have flown RC Helis for years and never experienced that. Guess I just got a little to comfortable with how easy the Phantom flys. I guess I need to wake up and pay a little more attention.

Thanks !!!

On the bright side they are fun to work on.

I experienced the same issue. My phantom one did not do this but the Phantom two definitely has the issue.

Have you fixed the red blinking battery light? Replacement battery on the way.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing