Any update on shipping ?

Interesting they have begun shipping, but still no app to fly it with. No owner's manual posted online either.

Interesting they have begun shipping, but still no app to fly it with. No owner's manual posted online either.

How is that for nightmare? Bird in hand but can not fly it for the lucky ones who will get shipments on Wednesday.

Not too worried about that.
The app is obviously available, as it's been rolled out selectively to everyone with demo units. All that takes for us to get it is a click of a button to make the update publicly available on the given app stores.
I would expect that will happen tomorrow.

It's the DJI Pilot app. Same one for the inspire.

It was my understanding when you have the p3 hooked up the pilot app will recognize the inspire or the p3.

no%20P3_zpsc1sgh5ds.png

Mad, that's funny!

You've got the best avatar also...must be fine to look like that...

Some folks are pretty confident DJI isn't going to stumble and will have the app ready for the early birds. Good luck, I hope it happens.

It was my understanding when you have the p3 hooked up the pilot app will recognize the inspire or the p3.
You are correct, why is this concept so hard for some people to understand? The app has a digital cable connection to the bird via the controller, it will "see" which one is connected and configure itself accordingly. It is not an Inspire app, or a P3 app, it is a PILOT APP and will work with both.

Reactions: envisionabove
Exactly!!!! Same pilot app!!!!!! It will know whether you have a phantom 3 or inspire 1!! Easy as that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange, the last update to the Pilot app on itunes was the fix bugs. No mention of p3 support... because the app hasn't been updated yet. I know it "will be" the same app, it's just not yet, which is the reason demo uni
You are correct, why is this concept so hard for some people to understand? The app has a digital cable connection to the bird via the controller, it will "see" which one is connected and configure itself accordingly. It is not an Inspire app, or a P3 app, it is a PILOT APP and will work with both.

Strange, the last update to the Pilot app on itunes was to fix bugs back on April 3rd. It's still version 1.0. No mention of p3 support... because the app hasn't been updated yet. I know it "will be" the same app, it's just not yet, which is the reason demo units had to get another version via thumbdrive. What part of that don't you understand?

Why would they mention phantom 3 support on April 1st??.... They announced it April 8th. Until then it was a rumor. Get me...?? There are people already flying the phantom 3 using the app trust me. The same app you can download right now.

I know it's the same Pilot App. I am pretty sure an update is required for it work with the P3. Let's see.

Check youtube for phantom 3 videos using the app. They are mostly Russian by the way lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart