Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Any phantom pilots from Auckland?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Garrie, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Garrie

HI all, i'm looking for pilots who live in Auckland, New Zealand. I am heading there tonight and will be staying in the city area around Hobson and Wyndham street. There are 4 parks nearby: Myer,Western, Victoria, and Albert Park. Plus there is a wharf nearby with nice boats all moored along the piers.

I would like to know if i would be breaking any laws if i were to film in the parks or at the wharf. Are there any airports nearby? My drone is under 25kg and i would most likely not fly above 120m as stated in the rules by Civil Aviation Authority of NZ. And there doesnt seem to be any airports within 4KM too.

I hope some locals would provide me with some tips or suggest places where i can fly. Thanks so much!

2. Bret Lucas

I've sent you a message, you are welcome to join me at Highbrook Park in the morning. Cheers Bret