Any S.E. Wisconsin P3 pilots available to train? Nepal Project

Reaction score
Any RC Drone fliers out there flying Phantom 3's? Wanna save a region's economy? Working an outreach project on the other side of the world from Wisconsin. American team heading to Nepal to map a potentially hazardous lake ready to flood a region if a glacier "plug" lets go due to global warming. I'm helping them to learn flying a P3 so they can aerial map the lake to measure water volume. I got a Inspire 1 but there is always something unique about each model. I need experienced P3 pilots to chime in. Better yet...fly-in this weekend at Lakeland RC field in Oconomowoc, WI. Maidening new bird with less than 10 days to departure. Post comments here or share to other RC forums. Thanks!

Never dreamed winning "Pilot of the Year" for my outreach work at Lakeland RC would go this far! Surreal!

It sounds like could be quite an opportunity for someone. And a very interesting project your working on.

Reactions: Queen1944
Hello all! Connected with local P3 pilot Jason Hoss and got new pilot Patrick Rowe to maiden his P3. All went well despite the horrible cloudy weather, temps mid 40's and the failure to launch because the battery temp dropped to below 15c. Not to bad for a real life simulation hey? Winds 9-15 averaging 11. And another P3 pilot is minted. Thanks all for helping out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj