any one flying with an ipad? mounts suggestions?

Reaction score
guys i want to use my ipad (sight isnt the best) to control my vision 2+

any one doing this?

mount ideas etc?

I think the an iPad would be too big and bulky to mount... I use a 7" monitor and it weights more than the controller... You might be able to use a tripod device, but then you would have to stand in the same spot for your entire flight...

Rumours are the next iPhone will have a 5.5 inch screen, supposed to be coming out in September. I'm hoping that will be better. In the meantime I am going to use my ipad next flight but I will have a friend with me who is going to hold it.

partnering with someone is a good idea...
yeah witht he screens though you dont have the gimbal control do you?

Yes, I have control over the gimbal. Works well. But my friend will control that part of the flight while I control the phantom. The bigger screen helps in those bright days when it's hard to see my iPhone screen. I'm really looking forward to the 5.5 inch iPhone for this reason alone

this was directed at the guy using a 7 inch monitor thats all
i dont know how the technology works in that department?

I use an iPad Air and I think it works great.

No way I could see everything in a phone!

I use a mount intended to hold a GPS screen, but it has a ball mount exactly the same size as the DJI holder. I just unscrewed one and screwed the iPad mount on. Works awesome! I edit video on my iPad so it is very hand when traveling to use the iPad Air for both a display when flying and a video editor when I'm done. I then upload directly to YouTube or Vimeo. Easy!

planedr said:
I just bought this, I hope the ball socket on the back is the same size as the stock clamp.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VG ... UTF8&psc=1
Yep, that's the one I bought and it works great for my iPad Air. The stickie center of the holder is a little funky, and I threw away the big part that's designed to sit on your dash, but the ball is the same size and it's a direct replacement for the clamp supplied by DJI.

The price has gone up since I bought it. I think I paid $12.

Excellent, I guessed right on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT