Any generous souls?

Reaction score
So, I'm having a nightmare trying to get my footage to look good in post production. I shoot with an ND8 filter (which probably isn't strong enough) and use the generally accepted settings so that I can maximise in post...however my footage looks awful after I tinker with it.

So, the begging part - Would any experts out there accept a piece of my unedited footage (no more than a couple of minutes) and fix it to see how it should look for me and to check that my raw footage isn't the problem?

Thank you!!

Im far from an expert myself but would be happy to edit a portion for you to see if that helps

You are very kind - thank you. I'll take some fresh new footage this weekend. How shall I get it to you?

Use "movavi" software designed for the phantom, it interprets mov files correctly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: p.mitchell
wetransfers a good one that I use often. All you need is their email.

Comes as an attachment through email and you download straight from their website.

WeTransfer

Yes mate, im just thinking how much footage could be sent by email though.
Cool thanks - was hoping to get some new footage this weekend but was too windy - when I get some (hopefully this week) will use wetransfer (or something similar)
Will let you know on here - thank you again!

I'm no video editing expert but I'd be happy to jump on this bandwagon and have a go at it for some personal experience if you want to share it with me too? If you like the footage you can keep it and if you hate the footage you can delete it.

Google drive is probably easiest for sharing the footage I'd say.

P.S. I used GoPros video editing app on my first video. It's not heavily complex and you can do some decent work with it but lends itself to the learning curve that is Adobe Premiere Pro and the likes.

I'm no video editing expert but I'd be happy to jump on this bandwagon and have a go at it for some personal experience if you want to share it with me too? If you like the footage you can keep it and if you hate the footage you can delete it.

Google drive is probably easiest for sharing the footage I'd say.

P.S. I used GoPros video editing app on my first video. It's not heavily complex and you can do some decent work with it but lends itself to the learning curve that is Adobe Premiere Pro and the likes.

More than happy to share with you as well thank you for the offer.

Once this rain stops I'll take a short piece of footage and share. Thanks everyone.

In the meantime I haver posted some footage I have recently edited here: A Day at the Fair. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts.

What program are you editing with and are you shooting in 4K? your computer and monitor may be having a hard time keeping up. export in 1080 and see how it looks

What program are you editing with and are you shooting in 4K? your computer and monitor may be having a hard time keeping up. export in 1080 and see how it looks
Have an advanced so shoot 2.7k. Will try 1080p.

What program are you using to edit with? If you'd like to get some step-by-step help you'll need to work with someone who uses the same program you are using or purchase the same kind someone else is already using and fluent with.

Good luck either way :)

Yes mate, im just thinking how much footage could be sent by email though.
upload it to wetransfer (1 minute is sufficient) and share the link.

Your footage looks fine ungraded. Colour grading can be a matter of taste. What looks good to one person, may look awful to another. It also depends how you want the clip to look in context to other clips, and the style you may be after. Do you want a 'warm' look, or a 'cold' look for instance?

I've found that post processing takes more time than actually planning and capturing film, but can be just as enjoyable and rewarding given powerful enough hardware. I ended up building a high end PC just to edit and grade.

Anyhow, I ran your clip through Resolve with some different LUTs, but there's a bit of colour banding in the sky with some of them. But you get the idea! First few seconds are original ungraded. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl