Any generous souls?

Use "movavi" software designed for the phantom, it interprets mov files correctly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Peterepeat69: I saw your post that Movavi is "designed for the Phantom". I shopped around and selected Movavi Video Editor 12 just pretty much by chance and I like it. I have two questions: the Phantom can record in BOTH .MOV and MP4 formats and it can export in various formats too. I have been recording in .MOV and exporting in .MOV. Is there any benefit in recording and exporting in MP4 and if I do export in MP4 the choices are MP4 "with H.264 decode" and MP4 "with MPEG-4 decode".....what are those and why would one choose one over the other? I appreciate the help!

I prefer mov and edit in mov, however here is a definition from google about MP4 and move... Enjoy...MP4 or MOV: Quality. Both MP4 and MOV are container formats, which means that in MOV or MP4 differences in quality is not determined by the extension themselves, but the codec in the format. ... However, without considering other factors, MOV and MP4 are almost interchangeable in an Apple environment. MP4 vs MOV: File Size.

I prefer mov and edit in mov, however here is a definition from google about MP4 and move... Enjoy...MP4 or MOV: Quality. Both MP4 and MOV are container formats, which means that in MOV or MP4 differences in quality is not determined by the extension themselves, but the codec in the format. ... However, without considering other factors, MOV and MP4 are almost interchangeable in an Apple environment. MP4 vs MOV: File Size.

Got it! I did Google the subject and got clarification, thanks!

Yeh no problem for you tube my videos end up being MP4 and it appears there is no deterioration, so all cool.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My research says: For Windows PC, use MP4 for video recording from the aircraft and MP4 with H.264 coding on export. Am going to the ranch to do this over the weekend and get further into more sophisticated "editing" including splicing, lead-ins, color editing, etc. FUN !!! One thing I DID find out is, since I have been doing all my work here at home, I have to buy another license ($40) for my computer at the ranch if I am going to work on this there. Bummer!

MP4 and MOV are just containers. The contents itself is the same. The standard is MP4 and Apple computers use/prefer MOV. Apple came up long before with MOV but it had some points where it can be improved and MP4 became the industry standard.

If you are editing in Final Cut Pro X I would recommend MOV but even MP4 works with no problems.

My research says: For Windows PC, use MP4 for video recording from the aircraft and MP4 with H.264 coding on export. Am going to the ranch to do this over the weekend and get further into more sophisticated "editing" including splicing, lead-ins, color editing, etc. FUN !!! One thing I DID find out is, since I have been doing all my work here at home, I have to buy another license ($40) for my computer at the ranch if I am going to work on this there. Bummer!

You will also notice that movavi gives you an option to save as standard, high quality, or premium quality, for you tubers I tend to save videos around 150 mb but not much more than that... The software takes it above 1 gb.. Too high for YouTube.

You will also notice that movavi gives you an option to save as standard, high quality, or premium quality, for you tubers I tend to save videos around 150 mb but not much more than that... The software takes it above 1 gb.. Too high for YouTube.

Right! I am, right now, trying to keep my videos to about 60 seconds + - in length .... and exporting on " standard", with music, I can keep the file size under 25 mb so I can email them using Gmail ... and its also a quick upload to YouTube.

Right! I am, right now, trying to keep my videos to about 60 seconds + - in length .... and exporting on " standard", with music, I can keep the file size under 25 mb so I can email them using Gmail ... and its also a quick upload to YouTube.

Yeh 25 mb you will find is too low... When you upload it to YouTube you will lose a lot of quality, at 60 seconds, try to get it above 100mb.. I wouldn't bother emailing video files but that's just me..
Sounds like your having fun... Awesome.

Yeh 25 mb you will find is too low... When you upload it to YouTube you will lose a lot of quality, at 60 seconds, try to get it above 100mb.. I wouldn't bother emailing video files but that's just me..
Sounds like your having fun... Awesome.

Yep. I have buddies who are interested in the whole "drone" thing right now and emailing to them is kinda fun. Interestingly I also downloaded to FaceBook and the quality was good, particularly viewing on a cell phone at the 25 mb. size. I WILL try the higher resolution on my next effort (100 mb range), which is this weekend, and take it to YouTube and see the result. I'll keep you posted. Don't know if you saw my FIRST effort earlier but here it is:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I'd be interested in your opinion .....

Lol nice, looks like the horses were a bit afraid.. For dramatic music like that I try to make them fast scenes straight over the subject at high speed or off a cliff is dramatic. But overall great first effort.. It's a lot of fun experimenting... Keep it up good on you and cheers

Lol nice, looks like the horses were a bit afraid.. For dramatic music like that I try to make them fast scenes straight over the subject at high speed or off a cliff is dramatic. But overall great first effort.. It's a lot of fun experimenting... Keep it up good on you and cheers

:)

Peterepeat69: Here's a 2nd effort this past weekend at the ranch:
Any suggestions?

Peterepeat69: Here's a 2nd effort this past weekend at the ranch:
Any suggestions?

Nice open space and landscape, like the fade in and out on each scene, yeh great to get a complete song through the entire film... Certainly a nice part of the world where you live... Your up high.. I'm sure you won't resist 120 metres soon ...Those horses yours?

Nice open space and landscape, like the fade in and out on each scene, yeh great to get a complete song through the entire film... Certainly a nice part of the world where you live... Your up high.. I'm sure you won't resist 120 metres soon ...Those horses yours?

Thanks for your comments. It IS nice there at the ranch (Hempstead, TX, about 1 hour NW of Houston where we live). What I am going to do which ultimately will be to video commercial real estate (buildings and land) which I have for sale ... and 120-150 ft. high is plenty to get what I want. Yes, the horses are ours, the spotted one is my wife's and the brown one is mine. They have gotten used to the drone and are not spooked now. I am moving on now to actually doing a property for a Client of mine and he is excited to see what I am doing on his property. Wish me luck ..... !!

Thanks for your comments. It IS nice there at the ranch (Hempstead, TX, about 1 hour NW of Houston where we live). What I am going to do which ultimately will be to video commercial real estate (buildings and land) which I have for sale ... and 120-150 ft. high is plenty to get what I want. Yes, the horses are ours, the spotted one is my wife's and the brown one is mine. They have gotten used to the drone and are not spooked now. I am moving on now to actually doing a property for a Client of mine and he is excited to see what I am doing on his property. Wish me luck ..... !!

Awesome yes been looking at real estate myself not an easy one to crack but you can do it with a phantom 3 for sure yes good luck impressed with the country side of Houston nice one.

Awesome yes been looking at real estate myself not an easy one to crack but you can do it with a phantom 3 for sure yes good luck impressed with the country side of Houston nice one.

Thanks! I'm really impressed with the P3P ... and feel extremely fortunate that my wife's friend advising her on my Christmas present, picked it. I also feel I lucked in to choosing the Movavi software which seems to work well. I don't think there are any logical impediments to being able to create a high quality 60 second video of a commercial property with appropriate music, to promote it. Videos on commercial property is pretty new down here and and as a result, I may have the opportunity to distinguish myself among my peer real estate brokers. Pretty cool to be able to do this combined with a "hobby". Not very often that can be said .......

Reactions: peterepeat69

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers