Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

antenna problem

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by djifan 2, Jun 6, 2014.

1. djifan 2

Hi.i was putting a control nob on my controler and I accidently ripped the antenna out of the littel box insibe of the controler so I solderd it back on but my range is only about 35m any ideas?

2. Woody

The same happened to me. First time I soldered it back on the little bronze/copper connector and had the same results as you. Then I removed that connector and scraped the rubber stuff off, soldered directly to the little bump where the connector used to be. Seems to be fine now, I flew it out over the lake until I lost sight and brought it back with no problem. I have no idea what the actual range of my FC40 is now but I never fly it further than I can see it so I should be OK.

3. djifan 2

Thanks I did some tests and did the same thing *** you and it is fixed :D

4. Woody

Glad to hear it :D I've been looking for a replacement controller to keep on hand just in case and it seems that the FC40 and Vision controllers are much more expensive than the Phantom 1 and 2. If you find a source for model PVT581 at a good price please share here.

5. J.James

Glad to hear you got it working right again. trying to soldering them crimp on female mini pci connecters is a real pain in the butt.

6. Woody

Thanks J. My mishap happened after I read your post about the CE/FCC setting in the RC. Mine doesn't have the usb on the outside so I had to open it up. Thanks for the tip.

7. darwin-t

I saw some on Ebay. Most were $160, but there was one with a low price and a few bids. One never knows what something will sell for ahead of time. Most of the bidding occurs in the last 30 seconds of an auction in many cases.

I searched for the PVT581

I take it 5.8 Ghz controllers are not used elsewhere, so we are limited to these?