Another SD Card bites the dust

I had similar issues with new 64 GB Samsung and Sandisk micro sd cards. My Ubuntu 16.04 laptop failed to read them only after I formatted the cards in my P3S.

Ubuntu reported that it could mount them from my laptop's internal card reader. The root cause is the Phantom 3 uses the exfat filesystem for these large capacity sd cards. So I installed exfat drivers and utilities which resolved all tissues.

I presume that the fat32 filesystem (which is used by most computer and mobile device operating systems) is insufficient for handling the demands of 2.7k and 4k video. So I suggest installing exfat filesystem support for you Linux distribution or whatever OS you're using.

Hope this helps.

It's A Bird... It's A Plane... It's DJI Phantom 3 Standard.

My new Phantom3 standard actually came with an 8gig card. I used it for a couple flights and right in the middle of the second one the card was full and I couldn't record anymore.

So, I went out and got a Sandisk 64gb card from WalMart. I already knew about the class 10 so made sure this one was. It works great in the drone.

I too try and remember to remove and clear the card after each session, but in case I don't I now don't have to worry about it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing