Another one...

Reaction score
If it doesn't already exist I'm coining the phrase "chronee" which is a "CHRistmas drONE" pilot. Don't worry, hazing and anti-PC comments won't break my bones so feel free to refer to me as a chronee in either an endearing or condescending tone.

My name is Bud and I currently live in Palmdale, California. I'm an air traffic controller so I'm either at home flying my new Phantom 4 or at work talking to them.

The P4 is my first RPV as of late. I hold a ham radio license and flew gliders in high school on less crowded frequencies but that's about the extend of my UAS piloting abilities.

The P4 is pretty simple to fly which makes it fun. However, I got my first lesson in ground effect when trying to land on the patio in the backyard last night. I have a new set of props in my cart on Amazon.

I'm looking forward to getting a lot of reading done on this forum and any other resources you all might recommend. I'll try to answer ATC questions as best I can, just as long as we agree that it's just Bud answering your question and my answers don't constitute policy by some giant, faceless government overlord.

To explain my profile name "VVATC" for those who aren't aviators, on an aircraft flight plan, most civilian callsigns begin with the letter "N" (for example N12345.) Bud military callsigns have their own designators:

• A = Air Force
  • R = Army
  • VM = Marine
  • VV = Navy
  • C = Coast Guard
When air traffic controllers see the letters "VV" they use the phrase "Navy" in the callsign. So A1 would be spoken as "Air Force One." Welp, I'm and air traffic controller (ATC) and I was in the U.S. Navy for 20 years (VV), so VVATC means "navy air traffic control."

Thanks for your time...

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: VVATC
Welcome to the forum Bud .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: VVATC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna