Hello from Jervis Bay Australia

Reaction score
Hi All, I am a completely new pilot never did any RC flying as a kid but did do some light engine and gliders in the ATC. I’m an ex Air Force brat (RCAF) and grew up in England, Canada and Germany, I was talking to a work colleague about buying a drone for work and play, but he beat me to it and
bought a new Mavic which introduced me to DJI. I bought a lightly used P4 on eBay as it had extra batteries etc and have put 20 hours on it in 6 weeks. I take it in the car all the time in case the opportunity to fly comes up. I just had my first crash (hit a tree at 70kmh) so have just done my first re shell! I’m pretty annoyed about the crash as I was getting really good at flying through very tight spaces (the phantom is incredibly stable) but I mis judged the gap between two trees.
Thanks for listening!
Cheers Bill

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome mate - excellent bunch of very capable often amusingly opinionated folk on here (from around the world). Enjoy

Hi Bill ,we spent two weeks in Currarong a few months back .
The area would be great to fly with a Phantom but the whole Jervis Bay Area looked like a no fly zone due to the naval base so I took a mountain bike instead I just had to make sure I stayed on the designated tracks due to danger of unexploded ordinance ,radiation ,lasers ,quicksand and giant tarantulas so the signs said .:)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA, Enjoy that P4, Fly safe and have fun!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hi TS,
Yes those warning signs at Currawong pretty much cover all the risks out here ...... except they didn’t mention bushfire which can happen often on that side of the Bay.
You are correct about the whole area being affected by the military exclusion zones. I often see very low flying helicopters even over my house so I tend to stay below the tree canopy when flying,

Cheers Bill

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart