Another first flight impressions/video

Reaction score
Hey gang, I guess this is where we gather 'round the fire and tell of our adventures!

Well I was pretty nervous after seeing all the " My Phantom took off straight up and never returned" so I must say I have not and may never go into GPS mode, this is the one thing I'm not sure on what my LEDs are telling me anyway, is that yellow with a red dot in it or red or yellow.......not sure, I see red when battery is almost done and yellow at times but when looking at the searching for satellites it looks yellow with a small red dot.

Anyway, this thing is so ridiculously easy to fly I see no need in GPS mode anyway. It's almost too stable and easy which makes you a little bit too courageous, especially with trees like I am. That mixed with its small size really throws off depth perception past 100' ( or 30 meters for our metric users)

This thing is tough.........really tough I clipped a tree that was over 70' tall and it got up like nothing happened at all.

I never balanced blades or tried dampening my GoPro ( yet) but plan on doing both as soon as I get the chance but Im having too much fun just flying after wildlife

The only 2 things I don't like is the battery door, I have had it come open in flight and never even knew it but the thing got out of shape so I landed with a semi-crash because of it. I now squeeze the sides of the cover hard which seems to help but this needs a hop up or upgrade of some kind. The other is the Battery compartment, they should have designed for a 3200Mah battery minimum, its always time to land just when you're getting loosened up

Also their video says " Rainy Conditions" has anyone flown this in the rain, I would think the props would force water into the small holes and then electronics but living in Oregon I would fly this in the rain alot if possible, the Elk usually come out in the rain.

Heres my video of my first flight, I have some RC Plane experience so this Phantom was effortless, other than building too much courage, sorry about the quality but not sure about Final CutX - Youtube settings yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s44yLl41WzM

Looks like you were really enjoying the initial thrills... one thing we DO now know is that the llamas don't like it! lol

Sac D said:
Looks like you were really enjoying the initial thrills... one thing we DO now know is that the llamas don't like it! lol
Yeah they're fence line mowers, they keep the fence clean, I keep their life interesting with UFOs

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT