Another customer unsatisfied with DJI's horrible customer service

Reaction score
The nightmare began when I paid $1471 using PayPal for a phantom 4 setup. The next day the "mavic" was revealed. It fits my needs better so I did the online "chat." I explained that I wanted to cancel my order and was advised by them to just "refuse" the package and the money would be returned. If it only was that easy. 3 weeks have passed and they still have my money and can't re-order the mavic until I get the funds back. I've emailed, phoned, and online chatted with their reps. I was told to email customer service to which I replied that "I did." The rep then typed the same thing then closed the chat window. I have filed a complaint with PayPal and requested a refund but that is still gonna take 2 weeks. I went so far as to attempt a complaint with the "Attorney Generals Office" but DJI Technology in Burbank is represented by a third party defense in Los Angeles with conflicting addresses. DJI has no direct phone number to after sales customer service. It's unfortunate that such a perfect product is flawed by the worst customer service that does not appear to want to make communication easy.

Sorry to hear you had issues getting you money back. How many days passed before you canceled the order? Not sure how quickly they ship but many companies can not "Cancel" a order once it passes the packing stage and refusing the package is the only way to start the refund process.

I do believe the Mavic's release was kept pretty quite to keep the P3/P4 sales going up until the Mavic's launch. Sadly that is smart on their part.

I love the DJI tools but their service is appalling, almost certainly the worst I've ever experienced in business.
I have been lied too on many occasions but they don't care, they make so much cash that they think they are above their own service issues.

Paypal will refund you but as you say, its a nightmare that they don't try to help.

Reactions: a_n_t_o_n_o_v_i_c_h
thats why i normally use my american express for transactions as such, complains are a click away. Your money is credited back immediately and after they investigate to come out with a final resolution. You should be ok with paypal, they are just not as quick. Good luck!

Reactions: a_n_t_o_n_o_v_i_c_h
I think I can go one better. My P3A crashed because of the rth. I purchased a P3P on 9/4/16. Problems right out of the box. Contacted support on 9/15/16. Sent the P3P in on 9/22/16. Got it back on 10/12/16. They didn't fix it. I told them I wanted a new one sent to me. They laughed. Sent it back in for 2nd time. Now Im telling them I want a refund. They were charging me $678 for replacing parts. I was so **** mad. They finally said it would be covered under warranty Again they laughed. Got it back on 10/22/16. They sent me a refurb. not a new one. Oh and my P3A I had to pay $330. They said it was over a year old. I purchased it 11/08/15 and it was not a year old.

I feel I got royally screwed with no lube. I have turned them in to BBB and LA consumer affairs. Working on the complaint with the AG and filing in Small Claims.

Their staff are more worried about watching the clock hit 5 and out the door then they are about keeping customer.

One day all this will catch up with them and they will look back and ask where did I go wrong.

I think I can go one better. My P3A crashed because of the rth. I purchased a P3P on 9/4/16. Problems right out of the box. Contacted support on 9/15/16. Sent the P3P in on 9/22/16. Got it back on 10/12/16. They didn't fix it. I told them I wanted a new one sent to me. They laughed. Sent it back in for 2nd time. Now Im telling them I want a refund. They were charging me $678 for replacing parts. I was so **** mad. They finally said it would be covered under warranty Again they laughed. Got it back on 10/22/16. They sent me a refurb. not a new one. Oh and my P3A I had to pay $330. They said it was over a year old. I purchased it 11/08/15 and it was not a year old.

I feel I got royally screwed with no lube. I have turned them in to BBB and LA consumer affairs. Working on the complaint with the AG and filing in Small Claims.

Their staff are more worried about watching the clock hit 5 and out the door then they are about keeping customer.

One day all this will catch up with them and they will look back and ask where did I go wrong.

You have summed them up perfectly. DJI lie to customers on the daily and get away with it but without wanting to offend people on this forum (not that I really care) they have a following of "gimps" willing to stick by them through being brainwashed into thinking DJI is the only choice.

I have been in business a long time, I owned a company with 550 franchises globally and the thing that brings every dynasty to an end is bad customer support. People will follow, they will put up with being treated poorly but only for so long. One starts to talk, then a few, then more and before you know it, DJI will be a student and not the master.

You have summed them up perfectly. DJI lie to customers on the daily and get away with it but without wanting to offend people on this forum (not that I really care) they have a following of "gimps" willing to stick by them through being brainwashed into thinking DJI is the only choice.

I have been in business a long time, I owned a company with 550 franchises globally and the thing that brings every dynasty to an end is bad customer support. People will follow, they will put up with being treated poorly but only for so long. One starts to talk, then a few, then more and before you know it, DJI will be a student and not the master.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 13.0px} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

This is what I found. There is a Consumer Rights Act of 2015. Effective 10/1/2015. Here is part of it.

Hope this comes out right?

Get a full refund within 30 days

This is a nice new addition to our statutory rights. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 changed our right to reject something faulty, and be entitled to a full refund in most cases, from a reasonable time to a fixed period (in most cases) of 30 days. After that, you lose the short-term right to reject the goods and you'll have fewer rights, such as only being able to ask for a repair or replacement, or a full or partial refund if this doesn’t work.

ompensation is available if the content damages your device

If you can show the faulty digital content has caused damage to your device or other digital content you’re also entitled to compensation for the damage caused, or to get the damaged item repaired.

This might be apply if, for example, a downloaded music track caused your MP3 player to play up, or an updated app deleted movie files from your mobile. Any repairs needs to be done in a reasonable time and compensation paid within 14 days.

How long do I have to cancel?

How long do I have to cancel?

Here it depends what you're buying:

Goods: 14 calendar days from the day after you receive all goods in an order (unless it's for regular delivery such as a magazine subscription, when the first delivery counts). Once you've cancelled an order you then have a further 14 days to send the goods back.

Services and digital content: 14 days from the day after the order is made. If you want to start a service within the 14 days, you will usually be asked to give your agreement in writing. This then means you can't cancel. However you are able to get a refund minus the proportionate cost of anything you have used.

I sent DJI a few exerts of this, LA help desk. Im sure I will hear something bright and early. But I am not going to bend on this one. Like I said Court if need be.

You see little do they know they have awaken a sleeping Giant. I with the help of Paul Gann and then Senator John Doolittle, retired Congressman now wrote the Calif Victims Bill of Rights passed by voters in 1984.

The nightmare began when I paid $1471 using PayPal for a phantom 4 setup. The next day the "mavic" was revealed. It fits my needs better so I did the online "chat." I explained that I wanted to cancel my order and was advised by them to just "refuse" the package and the money would be returned. If it only was that easy. 3 weeks have passed and they still have my money and can't re-order the mavic until I get the funds back. I've emailed, phoned, and online chatted with their reps. I was told to email customer service to which I replied that "I did." The rep then typed the same thing then closed the chat window. I have filed a complaint with PayPal and requested a refund but that is still gonna take 2 weeks. I went so far as to attempt a complaint with the "Attorney Generals Office" but DJI Technology in Burbank is represented by a third party defense in Los Angeles with conflicting addresses. DJI has no direct phone number to after sales customer service. It's unfortunate that such a perfect product is flawed by the worst customer service that does not appear to want to make communication easy.
I went through same thing and after a month I disputed the credit card charge and got my money. When I refused the package it went back to the DJI shipper who refused the return so it was sitting in a FEDEX warehouse last I saw it.

I think there are enough people that have been screwed by DJI and their lack of Customer Service that warrants me investigating a Class Action against them.

I now have an unknown manager who tells me that they sent me a new bird. Not a remanf. one. The thing he can tell me is why the landing gear an under the motors are orange. I market everything and the marks are there. The DJI staff are a bunch of liars!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan