android tablets and goggles

Reaction score
i have the P2V+.

my phone is the samsung note II. i wanted a larger tablet so i bought a nexxus 7" (2012) used on amazon. when it arrived it was in reset mode so i upgraded it to newest android version. after doing do, when i went to the google play store, it said the dji app wouldnt run on this tablet. im returning it. the dji app runs fine on my note II.

im primarily interested in FPV capabilities as in intend to fly OUT OF LINE OF SIGHT OF THE PHANTOM for my purposes. i have all the amp/external battery upgrades to do this.

2 questions:

1) i want an android tablet NOT apple one's: which android tablets work with the dji app?
2) what about goggles? can i buy (just) a goggle unit that will talk in 2.4 ghz to my repeater? ie, JUST a 2.4 ghz goggle unit not all the other FPV stuff sold along with it in a kit that is meant to upgrade both the transmitter and the phantom as well?

thanks.

nedro018 said:
i bought a nexxus 7" (2012) used on amazon. when it arrived it was in reset mode so i upgraded it to newest android version. after doing do, when i went to the google play store, it said the dji app wouldnt run on this tablet. im returning it.

Did you read your manual or quickstart guide... it says "if the app shows as not compatible with your device then download from DJI website"

I know there's a few users who fly with the Nexus 7 tablet with no problems.

I have the 2013 Nexus 7 and it works just fine. I also have the older one but haven't tried it on that. I was hoping that it did work so I could buy a used 2012 and not have to tie up one of my current tablets. But when I go to the Google Play store it shows that the older one isn't compatible. Dang. There's no chance that I'll be able to grab a "used" new one in the price range that I was hoping for.

@DBS

"Did you read your manual or quickstart guide... it says "if the app shows as not compatible with your device then download from DJI website"

I know there's a few users who fly with the Nexus 7 tablet with no problems"

hmmm...thats exactly the error im getting i will try the website instead of the Google Play Store. the reason i bought this used nexxus 7 was because of a youtube vid upgrade by another P2V+ user. so, i just figured any year nexxus model would do and bought used.

ill get back with you thanks for the advice.

i dont see android apps download options directly from the dji website...just windows computers downloads...

yep yur right it worked! you have to download the .apk version of the dji vision app off the net. thanks so much for the tip...i got a screaming deal on the nexxus 7 and didnt want to return it....

what about the "googles" part of my post?

if one wants to add 2.4 ghz goggles to the P2V+ that are standalone goggles that simply talk in 2.4 ghz to the repeater on the transmitter, whats the best choices?

thanks!

nedro018 said:
what about the "googles" part of my post?

if one wants to add 2.4 ghz goggles to the P2V+ that are standalone goggles that simply talk in 2.4 ghz to the repeater on the transmitter, whats the best choices?

thanks!
At present you can only use goggles with a hdmi input and a hdmi adapter for your tablet or you can use the epson movero glasses it will mirror the screen of your tablet into the goggles but you will only be able to view it in 640x480

"At present you can only use goggles with a hdmi input and a hdmi adapter for your tablet or you can use..."

if i want to use goggles with the nexus 7 with HDMI output as you say, how is that possible? the tablet has only charge plug connection not HDMI.

pls advise thx

nedro018 said:
yep yur right it worked! you have to download the .apk version of the dji vision app off the net. thanks so much for the tip...i got a screaming deal on the nexxus 7 and didnt want to return it....

Try this with your device next time. The QR code is in the manual.

take your device and use a QR scan:
QR%20for%20DJI%20App.jpg

This will take you to
http://m.dji.net/djivision

Not a great fan of 4:3 especially with native camera of 16:9.
The new Tab S2 actually has a lower resolution. It's too bad that SAMSUNG is going the "I" route.
4:3 is better for office or e-book not FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl