Android DJI GO4 App froze

Reaction score
I was practicing flying my Phantom 4 Pro today in an open field. It was somewhat windy so I was more focused on maintaining visual with the Phantom while in flight than my tablet. When I was doing my third and final flight for the day, The Phantom appeared to be flying properly despite a few wind gusts. After doing some basic flight maneuvers, I took a quick look at my DJIGO4 app and noticed a message saying that the app stopped responding. I selected the wait option to see if the app would unfreeze. I saw that the battery meter froze at approximately 23 minutes. I decided to land the drone. The battery lights were at around 50%. I restarted the app and then I get an inconsistent firmware message. My guess is the app was frozen for about 10 minutes before I noticed the problem, but I was still able to fly the UAV during that time. Should the UAV have gone out of control if the app failed or is there an additional safety feature included in the system to fly and land the UAV safely in case of an app failure? How could I have inconsistent firmware if I made the firmware updates simultaneously on both the UAV and remote? Has anyone else had this experience where their DJI app froze but was still able to control their UAV?

Sounds like you changed batteries and on the last one you shoved in it didn't have a firmware update made to it. Needs to be done to all your batteries individually.

DJI is too cryptic in what they mean at times. "Inconsistent firmware" often means "Battery requires an update." And yeah it can stall GO at times so not unexpected.

Last edited:
You don't even need a device to fly. It will fly without it. Better to have it than not though.

They are updated automatically while in the aircraft after the firmware is installed to the aircraft. Just put another battery in and it will update.

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga