Android/DJI Go issues?

Reaction score
Not sure if this should go under the "range" thread, but wanted to ask. I've been struggling with connectivity issues for a while. I went the route of getting the Conquerer range extender to try and solve my issue. As an aside, the customer service from James at Titan Drones (who sells the conquerer extender) is top notch. He really stands behind his product.

My issue is that regardless of whether I use the extender or not, I am having issues with losing the image at around 600 feet and losing the connection to the remote at about 7-800 ft away. I'm also getting warnings about wireless interference regardless of where I fly. I've been working with James to try and identify the issue and we've eliminated the remote and extender as an issue. He uses an iPad with DJI Go and I am using an Android (Samsung Galaxy Tab). He thought my issues may be related to the OS of the tablet. What OS are you using? Is anyone having similar issues with an android based tablet? For more information, I do have to restart the remote, app, and P4 multiple times to get everything to connect correctly.

Also - I saw someone post something about Litchi. Is that a replacement for DJI GO? Any experience with that? will that help to solve my issue?

Thanks for any advice/ideas.

The wireless interference may well be your problem.
Put your tablet and phone in airplane mode before powering anything up.
Without the range extender, make sure your antenna are both pointing straight up and flat sides facing the Phantom at all times.

Once powered up go into the HD menu in DJI GO and check the signal bars. Ideally you want it to be a very uninteresting graph, no bars. Bars will tell you there is some 2.4GHz interference.

I don't see how the OS can have any significant bearing on range issues. The range is product of the Phantom and the controller, the display device is just acting as a communication interface between you and the Phantom.

If you have range problems with DJI Go, you will have the same problems with Litchi.

You could try to find another P4 flyer and temporarily bind their controller to your Phantom, and vice versa - that should help determine if the problem is controller or Phantom end.

I used a Samsung Galaxy Tab and had identical issues. I now only use iPhone 6 s plus and iPad Pro. I have a Titan Conquer antenna as well and with the Apple products I’m easily getting 13,000-15,000 feet in an urban area.
I feel like it’s ur android device holding u back.
Litchi is a fine 3rd party app and I have it as well but there again it was only as good as my devices.
My humble opinion is for u to try an iPhone 5s or above and preferably at least a iPhone 6. The iPad Air 2 is another fine device.
The wireless interference message is a
Go4 app bug apparently biting many a flyer. Knock on wood my p4 and all the latest updates and upgrades has been fine.
As far as James Crutchfield your so right!!!
The finest man I think I’ve ever dealt with in business.
I bought a USED antenna from a guy and after taking delivery found out it didn’t work. I was sick until I called James and he had me send it to him and fixed it FREE of charge. Talk about backing your products.
Hope u can barrow an iPad or iPhone to try out the Apple products cause I’m sure they will help

Last edited:
I have a phantom 4 with a Asus zenbook 10 and I get out to 6,000 feet without signal loss. I don’t see the android being the issue. Maybe the particular device but not the os.

Reactions: John White
Re: wireless interference, repeated warnings.
I had this on my newly updated P4 (firmware & Go 4.1.09). Solved it by Calibrating the controller. Maybe it will work for others too.

You didn't mention where you are flying.... Urban area, field, etc... Makes all the difference. I mean... If your flying within an urban area pretty sure you know you will get interference.... And that's the whole point of getting these booster right? To go further.... However....

It only works if you have a clear signal. The boosters overcome the house wifi BUT it doesn't go through buildings. So make sure your on a flat area.

You didn't mention where you are flying.... Urban area, field, etc... Makes all the difference. I mean... If your flying within an urban area pretty sure you know you will get interference.... And that's the whole point of getting these booster right? To go further.... However....

It only works if you have a clear signal. The boosters overcome the house wifi BUT it doesn't go through buildings. So make sure your on a flat area.

Flying in a diverse range of areas - over the water at the beach, rural, urban... it doesn't seem to matter.
Thanks!

I used a Samsung Galaxy Tab and had identical issues. I now only use iPhone 6 s plus and iPad Pro. I have a Titan Conquer antenna as well and with the Apple products I’m easily getting 13,000-15,000 feet in an urban area.
I feel like it’s ur android device holding u back.
Litchi is a fine 3rd party app and I have it as well but there again it was only as good as my devices.
My humble opinion is for u to try an iPhone 5s or above and preferably at least a iPhone 6. The iPad Air 2 is another fine device.
The wireless interference message is a
Go4 app bug apparently biting many a flyer. Knock on wood my p4 and all the latest updates and upgrades has been fine.
As far as James Crutchfield your so right!!!
The finest man I think I’ve ever dealt with in business.
I bought a USED antenna from a guy and after taking delivery found out it didn’t work. I was sick until I called James and he had me send it to him and fixed it FREE of charge. Talk about backing your products.
Hope u can barrow an iPad or iPhone to try out the Apple products cause I’m sure they will help

Glad you had the same experience with James - stand-up guy, which is hard to find these days. I'll use my kid's iPod to see if I get a better result from a different OS. Maybe that will make the difference. Thanks!

The wireless interference may well be your problem.
Put your tablet and phone in airplane mode before powering anything up.
Without the range extender, make sure your antenna are both pointing straight up and flat sides facing the Phantom at all times.

Once powered up go into the HD menu in DJI GO and check the signal bars. Ideally you want it to be a very uninteresting graph, no bars. Bars will tell you there is some 2.4GHz interference.

I don't see how the OS can have any significant bearing on range issues. The range is product of the Phantom and the controller, the display device is just acting as a communication interface between you and the Phantom.

If you have range problems with DJI Go, you will have the same problems with Litchi.

You could try to find another P4 flyer and temporarily bind their controller to your Phantom, and vice versa - that should help determine if the problem is controller or Phantom end.
I'll give your suggestions a try - Thanks!

I did it, then James at Titan checked it. He also tested with his P4, so I don't think that's the issue.

Did James get good range with his p4 and your remote? Do you think it’s an antenna issue in your p4?
I still say try another device if possible and see what happens.

Did James get good range with his p4 and your remote? Do you think it’s an antenna issue in your p4?
I still say try another device if possible and see what happens.
He did - no issues with range. I'll try the suggestions offered here and report back on what (hopefully!) worked.

I've had similar issues with my new P4 Pro. I never had these issues with my P3 Pro! I can only fly about 100-200 ft disntance, no matter what the environment. I, too, have tried parks, over the ocean, urban, rural, you name it--I ALWAYS get the "interference" warnings when I start the Go 4 app, then the picture lags so much that I cannot fly it using FPV, I have to visually see the drone at all times. I have tried calibrating everything, I've tried resetting to factory defaults, I can't think of anything I haven't tried! Also, when I put the RF into the 5.8 GHz, I don't see any bars of any color, not even the blue ones (that are supposed to show the output of the controller), I can only tell which channel it supposedly is on because the number is blue. (much different from the 2.4 GHz band!). All-in-all, I feel there is something wrong with my P4 Pro, as I haven't been able to trust it enough to fly anywhere except in a park, with nobody else around! I can't get any jobs done like that!

I've had similar issues with my new P4 Pro. I never had these issues with my P3 Pro! I can only fly about 100-200 ft disntance, no matter what the environment. I, too, have tried parks, over the ocean, urban, rural, you name it--I ALWAYS get the "interference" warnings when I start the Go 4 app, then the picture lags so much that I cannot fly it using FPV, I have to visually see the drone at all times. I have tried calibrating everything, I've tried resetting to factory defaults, I can't think of anything I haven't tried! Also, when I put the RF into the 5.8 GHz, I don't see any bars of any color, not even the blue ones (that are supposed to show the output of the controller), I can only tell which channel it supposedly is on because the number is blue. (much different from the 2.4 GHz band!). All-in-all, I feel there is something wrong with my P4 Pro, as I haven't been able to trust it enough to fly anywhere except in a park, with nobody else around! I can't get any jobs done like that!

I have exactly the same issue (from new) using galaxy A7. It can happen anywhere and with my s7 phone off. I’ve just received a new I pad mini and will be testing that as soon as possible.

Not sure if this should go under the "range" thread, but wanted to ask. I've been struggling with connectivity issues for a while. I went the route of getting the Conquerer range extender to try and solve my issue. As an aside, the customer service from James at Titan Drones (who sells the conquerer extender) is top notch. He really stands behind his product.

My issue is that regardless of whether I use the extender or not, I am having issues with losing the image at around 600 feet and losing the connection to the remote at about 7-800 ft away. I'm also getting warnings about wireless interference regardless of where I fly. I've been working with James to try and identify the issue and we've eliminated the remote and extender as an issue. He uses an iPad with DJI Go and I am using an Android (Samsung Galaxy Tab). He thought my issues may be related to the OS of the tablet. What OS are you using? Is anyone having similar issues with an android based tablet? For more information, I do have to restart the remote, app, and P4 multiple times to get everything to connect correctly.

Also - I saw someone post something about Litchi. Is that a replacement for DJI GO? Any experience with that? will that help to solve my issue?

Thanks for any advice/ideas.
Just in case have you looked at your transmision channels

Chalk and cheese.

As promised above I’ve tested the iPad and.......

Massive difference with the iPad mini4 no interference warnings at all, 2.4 showing various channels with differing amounts of activity some ok, some not so good as you might expect and 5.8 clear as before but no interference warnings on either. See below

85c4e9399b3641ef06927c90af0e8eb7.jpg

490dca3625d31a7a9f21f846e1e1f399.jpg

One thing I did notice on the Samsung was the dB scale was compressed with the numbers overlapping so perhaps the software has a clutch in this dpt.???

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyD913
High Wifi interference update. I swapped to the i pad mini 4 and the problem went away. Then forgot my lead today and had to return to the Samsung tab A, the problem came back. It's definitely a clash in software causing the warning.

It would be good if dji acknowledged this problem or I can see when there is a genuine fault people are going to be ignoring it. Insurance companies will love that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT